Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 04:28 PM

Default A weird UTG limp

The two posters here were both ~58 VPIP, both around 1 AF. Button is 30/6.6/2.3.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Donger is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $7. CO posts a blind of $7.
Donger calls, MP (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.20 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Donger checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Donger folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 8.10 BB
Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: A weird UTG limp

Why did you post this? Are you looking for people to tell you not to limp UTG with A4 suited cause A4 is crap?
Old 08-06-2005, 04:55 PM

No, I was curious if raising was better than calling. I had specific reasons for calling, namely that I would be out of position with a weakish hand against two passive players.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:05 PM

I still don't get it. Are you doing a study on how this hand plays? What is your reason for calling this hand, specifically? Did you expect it to make you money? We can look at any starting hand chart and see that A4s UTG is a losing proposition. I guess I'm just confusled.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't get it. Are you doing a study on how this hand plays? What is your reason for calling this hand, specifically? Did you expect it to make you money? We can look at any starting hand chart and see that A4s UTG is a losing proposition. I guess I'm just confusled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 2 people posted SB + BB and there is a lot of dead money in the pot to start.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:09 PM

This is fine.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:12 PM

If there is a lot of dead money in the pot you are after.. why not raise? This lends the same question.. You have A4 suited in the CO with calling stations to your left.. are you limping in?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:24 PM

PF limp is fine. NH.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but if you're using a chart to definitively answer whether or not a hand is profitable, you have a lot to learn.