Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

I'm 35, turn 36 on December 23.

I live in Chandler Arizona
Married, no kids, one dog
I teach high school - English (and no I will NOT edit anyone's stuff here or be a grammar cop)
I don't have a favorite movie, saw Star Wars III last night - cool film...
The only accomplishment that I can think of is that I deposited a year ago, and haven't had to reload. I played in a home game six months prior to that, so I guess I've been playing a year and a half.

There you are...
Old 11-14-2005, 09:46 PM

Don't remember if I did this the first time around, and I don't feel like reading 22 pages of posts to see if I did. So ...

I'm 29 years old. Married. One child, a 14-month-old boy named Max.

We live outside of Madison, WI, in a small town named Evansville. I'm the Nation/World Editor at the Wisconsin State Journal newpaper in Madison. My wife is the Director of Sales at the Radisson Hotel in Madison. We both have journalism/mass comm. degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.

My favorite movie of all time has to be The Godfather I and II. My favorite recent movie that I saw is Batman Begins.

Best poker achievement? Has to be winning the nightly 10:30 p.m. $20 tournament on PokerStars.com twice now. Once in February for $3600 with 714 runners, and once in October for $4300 with 930 runners. Both time I was about last in chips with 20 people to play, so the comeback factor made both all the more sweet.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:52 PM

Here's my basic info:

I'm 27, Oct 20th is my b-day
I live in Olathe, KS (suburb of Kansas City)
I'm married with one child (9 months)
I'm a software engineer from 9-5.
I don't watch many movies, but I loved The Fifth Element (I think that makes me a certifiable nerd)
My best poker accomplishment might be winning the nightly 100+9 on UB since the field is so tough, but my biggest cash was first in the Friday Special on Party a few months ago.

-Rizen
Old 11-15-2005, 05:20 AM

Name: Frank
How old are you? 21
Birthday? 7 April
Where do you live? Heemsker, The Netherlands
Are you married? Thank God no!
Children? -
Occupation besides poker? Financial Department of a travel agency
Favorite movie? 1. The Great Escape 2. Leon - The Professional 3. Bin-Jip
Best poker acomplishment? Just some small cashes, nothing big so far.
How long been playing? Just over 6 months, building up my BR bit by bit.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 AM

Ok fine I'll give in. Didnt do this the first time around for some reason feel like filling it out now.

How old are you? Birthday? I turn 21 soon (Dec. 26)

Where do you live? Live in Durham (Duke Univ.) am originally from west side of manhattan. Before that I spent 2nd-8th grade in Hong Kong since both my parents are journalists and my mom is fluent in Mandarin.

Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children? I have been dating one girl on and off since senior year of high school.

Occupation besides poker? Student...

If studying, what and where? Double majoring in Biomedical and Electrical Engineering but my gpa is not so high.

Favorite movie? Ace ventura, I guess.

Best poker acomplishment? How long been playing? Uhh. Best tourney poker accomplishment is 4-way chopping the stars sunday for i think 56k. I'm much more proud of my results in live 5-5 cash games in NYC and 10-20 NL though. I been playing since my freshman year in college, so around 2 years.

Feel free to add any other information or pictures about yourself you want to share.

I guess thats appropriate.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 AM

"My biggest accomplishment is recovering from all the debt I put myself in when I was a losing player who would always play way above his bankroll. "

my new goal for November: stop playing above my bankroll.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:41 AM

Although I'm not that much of a contributor and not known well here....I hope to be sometime. Currently busy a lot of the time to play as much poker as I would like to (GM of a small hotel/land managemtent corp.).

How old are you? Birthday? 23 (24 in a couple of weeks)

Where do you live? Gambell, Alaska (extreme westerly alaska)

Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children? GF 2 years, no kids, no plans yet for marriage

Occupation besides poker? Listed in intro above

If studying, what and where? Studied Bus Admin...12 credits to go, currently working to earn money to finish.

Favorite movie? none really....

Best poker acomplishment? How long been playing?
regularly tearing up the local game here (a few hundred a weekend, sometimes more, somtimes less.) Online, it was like 33rd in a super on Party.

Been playing for 3 years now, maybe a little more.

Michael J
Old 11-15-2005, 11:22 AM

I dont post any strategy in this forum, but what the hell.

How old are you? Birthday? I'm 22 since April.

Where do you live? Jacksonville, FL for the time being, New Orleans once Tulane Law gets started again in January.

Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children? I'm getting married in December!

Occupation besides poker? Paralegal atm, but I'm a student at heart.

If studying, what and where? Law at Tulane

Favorite movie? short version: Kung Fu Hustle, MASH, Cowboy Bebop, etc etc

I took first in a Party 30+3 for $7600 while I was studying abroad, which made that much more enjoyable. Other than that I'm proud of being able to support myself through poker, but that's more of a long term thing. I've been playing "seriously" for about a year and a half, but every couple of months I'm shocked at how bad I played in the past.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:30 AM

How old are you? Birthday?
24. August 16, 1981.

Where do you live?
Houston, TX.

Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children?
No, single.

Occupation besides poker?
Erstwhile student.

If studying, what and where?
English major. Studied at Rice University for four years; dropped out two years ago. Started classes again this fall at University of Houston. Am attempting to transfer back in hopes of receiving degree this summer.

Favorite movie?
I was in a short film this spring, so I'm going to say that one. Of movies other people on this forum have seen... Magnolia, Dr. Strangelove, and Casablanca quickly come to mind.

I've been playing cards my whole life. I have been trying to make money at poker for about a year now. After a brief run where my roommate and I moved up levels far too quick (and were crushing the Pokerroom 2/5 NL games for a couple weeks) we went broke. I decided to buckle down and seriously learn the game. In April I deposited $300 on UltimateBet; that has been my only deposit. My current bankroll was built from scratch after I lost that. (In August, I played a $5 MTT using player points; I cashed for $20, built that up with SnGs and such until I had a couple hundred. I won my first MTT on August 9-- an $11 for $800-- and things have taken off since then.)
My biggest single win was chopping the stars 45k about a month ago for almost $10k. I've had two other cashes of around $2k-- 7th place in Monday's 45k and 1st in a UB $44 two weeks ago.
Poker has paid my tuition this semester and probably will do so again next semester.

Feel free to add any other information or pictures about yourself you want to share.
I have other stuff to keep my life balanced. I act, I DJ at the student radio station, I did improv comedy, I was in a band once, I coached freshmen in flag football for a few years... outside interests, they're good stuff.
I would like to post a picture when I get a good one, for kicks. The list of celebrity comparisons I've gotten over the years has evolved something like this: Jack Black --> Oliver Platt (with beard) --> Zach Braff (without) --> "Dr. Gonzo" --> Jim Morrison.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 AM

How old are you?

Where do you live?

SW London, UK

Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children?

No

Occupation besides poker?

Audio Visual Technician/Manager for Cancer Hospital. Involves lots of video conferencing

If studying, what and where?

Poker!

10 straight bricks and mortar/home game tournament wins ranging between 5-40 players (lucky streak of course!)

Online the odd $1000+ final 3 placings.

Been playing 1 1/2 years non stop. Where did my life go? Arghhh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]