Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Blind Play: A Word of Advice for 5/10 6max

Rory:

At 5/10 6max, 90% of 2+2ers can outplay 90% of the the regular players. The other players simply overplay every hand and call too much when the going is rough.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:11 PM

hey sammy_g, a while ago I PMed ___1___ asking almost exactly the same thing you are asking. Here was his response:

"Hey Steve,

Simply put I think the more passive players at 5/10 are easier to manipulate out of position (in the SB) with hands like 98o or J8o. At 10/20 I've found these marginal hands in the SB are much more player dependent b/c of the lagginess (i.e. players semibluffing much more). I just think the lagginess makes for many for difficult decisions with marginal hands, regardless of the more favorable blind structure (for the SB)."

hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey want some blind play advice for 5/10 DON'T PLAY LIKE YOU ARE PETER_RUS OR NATE, you aren't that good, play tighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

My blind play has substantially improved (.12 and .06, respectively), since reading Peter's advice on blind play. Just FWIW, you don't have to be Nate or Peter -- you just have to be them respective to the rest of your table, and at 5/10 6max, that ain't hard.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the keys IMO is the following Peter_Rus gem, re: the suited trash blind defenses:

[ QUOTE ]
And one more thing. If you don't mind to play your trashy flopped pairs never - this play start to be -EV as only flushes and 2pairs trips can't make this play +EV. So if you feel uncomfortable and don't know what to do with your 37s when flop is 36Qr you better just muck it preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2005, 07:14 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Rory:

At 5/10 6max, 90% of 2+2ers can outplay 90% of the the regular players. The other players simply overplay every hand and call too much when the going is rough.

[/ QUOTE ]

because of the high rake, being about to outplay your opponents isn't enough. you could outplay them and still break even or lose. this isn't a time game