Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Bill Clinton to fill leadership void

Now that President Chimpleton has shown himself to be inept in nearly all aspects of leadership, highly respected former President BILL CLINTON is stepping up to fill the leadership vacuum. President Clinton has organized a meeting of 1000 world leaders with the objective of "Ending extreme poverty around the world, lessening religious conflict, reducing global warming, and promoting good government in new democracies." I, for one, am excited about Clinton's re-emergence on the global stage and I think it can only lead to good things.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar....htm?track=rss
Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Bill Clinton to fill leadership void

[ QUOTE ]
highly respected former President BILL CLINTON

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:55 AM

I heard he's going to run again. Maybe he and Hillary could each vie for the dem nomination. That would be must see tv [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 AM

Even though I'm conservative I dont hate Bill Clinton, I do dislike many of his policies. I'll even praise some things he has done or bills he has signed, and I will say he is one of the greatest "politicians" in terms of strategy and tactics (in a good way), but one thing I dont think he has is leadership.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I'm conservative I dont hate Bill Clinton, I do dislike many of his policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you dislike Bill and Hilary's attempt to pass a socialized-medicine bill? Did it make you angry to see the Republican Congress fight this tooth-and-nail during the Clinton administration only to turn around and pass a socialized prescription-drug plan when the Republicans controlled both the White House and Congress? Or, was that bill acceptable to you because Republicans are "fiscally conservative?" Also, did you dislike the balanced budgets we had during the Clinton administration? Do you prefer President Bush's policy of operating under huge federal deficits?

Personally, I think it's funny when Republicans claim to be fiscally conservative, and then, when they grab total power, they spend money like drunken sailors.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you dislike Bill and Hilary's attempt to pass a socialized-medicine bill?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated it.

[ QUOTE ]
Did it make you angry to see the Republican Congress fight this tooth-and-nail during the Clinton administration only to turn around and pass a socialized prescription-drug plan when the Republicans controlled both the White House and Congress?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated it.

[ QUOTE ]
Or, was that bill acceptable to you because Republicans are "fiscally conservative?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, did you dislike the balanced budgets we had during the Clinton administration?

[/ QUOTE ]

"He" only had a "balanced budget" because the Republican's in Congress made it happen. Don't kid yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you prefer President Bush's policy of operating under huge federal deficits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't. We need to abolish Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, The Education Department, and many other departments of the government. Then, we can lower everyone's taxes (preferrably with a "fair tax"), and get the government smaller.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think it's funny when Republicans claim to be fiscally conservative, and then, when they grab total power, they spend money like drunken sailors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that Ted Kennedy was in the Navy. Interesting. Anyway, don't believe that Bush is in ANY way fiscally conservative. In fact, I think I know why the Dems and Leftists hate Bush so much, he is getting the credit for making all of their ideas into realities. Except the part about making the US accountable to the UN.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
President Clinton has organized a meeting of 1000 world leaders with the objective of "Ending extreme poverty around the world, lessening religious conflict, reducing global warming, and promoting good government in new democracies."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, getting a bunch of bureaucrats sitting in a room is sure to solve these problems.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Ground Zero

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, getting a bunch of bureaucrats sitting in a room is sure to solve these problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
It allows us to take names. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 PM

so what has our current president done to earn your respect then?

rj
Old 09-13-2005, 02:33 PM

I agree with every word you said.