Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: i hate this spot

flawless, i like your posts and all, but get real. He is not folding a king, and being able to check raise a river is obviously far more valuable than taking him off a total bluff the times he has it. You really think he calls the flop CR to pop this turn hoping for a scare card when he knows he could be drawing dead enough to justify this? I don't, and i dont think its close.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spewing, king yao got the answer spot on....probably why he has a book i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

if only we had ken warren and john vorhaus' opinion.

doing this constantly is spewing. doing it in the right spots is big +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

ofcourse doing this occasionally is fine as king yao has already mentioned and I would think the 2 points for judging the situation would be obvious to anyone who plays SH at these limits, but flawless basically said 3-betting and betting any river was his default against a TAG, on a board like this OOP that is spewing HU in a blind battle, you are just paying to see a better hand too much.

I guess it's important to say that this stuff is all by feel, one of the things about poker is you can never really make a play like this and know what you folded someone off. But what you can do is find another opportunity, like say where you have a really strong hand and make this same play and see what potentially you are called down by, so I'm saying i've had hands like a set or ever straight here and 3bet the turn and been called by a TAG again on the river to see big aces, pocket pairs above 66 and definitely Ks. So ehh people like to see SDs HU especially players who consider themselves solid against another solid.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:49 AM

im just saying the K is an obvious scare card and alot of ppl will raise the turn trying to get you off a small pair, especially in 6max games which play v aggresive.
of course hes not folding a K. im just saying maybe you spend one more bet on the turn here to get him off a hand that is raising the scare card... if he does have a K or a PP you are not giving up that much because of your big effing draw.
if he does read 2+2 then you can still CR the river... those 2+2s ALWAYS walk into the river CR... nate tha great or whoever taught them to bet/call KJ on the river here. they always bet a K on the end in that spot.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:10 AM

dead right on in what sense. IDIOCY RULES
Old 10-08-2005, 04:25 AM

Wow, all sorts of different views in here. People are talking about fold equity. I don't see a 2p2'er folding an ace here before showdown. Still, it's a bet.

The fact that this flop gives villain a gutshot wheel draw reduces our fold equity with the straightup flop CR a fair bit, IMO. This is why I prefer to CR the turn or bet/3bet the flop.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:19 AM

Go for the gold! Trifecta! (don't forget to hit your draw!)
Old 10-09-2005, 04:59 AM

I'm kind of new to pokertracker. I know that with 26/16/3.1 the '26' is the players vpip, the '16' is the PFR% but what is the '3.1'? Thanks. I just bought it and am trying to get aquainted with it.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:18 AM

Just pretend I quoted King Yao. He's 100% correct.

I'm too lazy to quote it myself.

I thought this was SOP for everyone here?

As was said, a turn 3-bet with a good read has merit, but not as a default.