Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Too aggressive with my overcards?

OK, my first hand post, or any post in the SSH forum for that matter. Hopefully I can become a contributing member, I'll try and give as many comments on other's hands as possible as asinine as they probably will be.

I'm trying to clean up my play with overcards on the flop; it's feels like my single biggest leak right now. It seems (to me anyway) that I raise or fold when the other is the right play. In this hand, UTG and MP1 are both loose passives pre and post flop. In retrospect, I'm thinking the flop raise was probably wrong, I had a backdoor J high flush draw and a backdoor inside straight draw (which is worth what about 0.0008 outs?). Also, check the turn and take a free river or bet there?

Again, thanks for any comments and I look forward to jumping into the discussion here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB