Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. The new controller is a gimmick like the DS. It will be useful in a few games but is overall not important.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The gimmick that is outselling PSP worldwide and will have a very strong holiday season with online Mario Kart and Animal Crossing coming out.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. The new controller is a gimmick like the DS. It will be useful in a few games but is overall not important.

[/ QUOTE ]

the ds is [censored] awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few good games for it but what about the ds is awesome? The fact that it's huge and doesn't fit in my pocket like my SP? If the PSP was smaller i would really perfer it given it's graphics but they are both huge.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gimmick that is outselling PSP worldwide and will have a very strong holiday season with online Mario Kart and Animal Crossing coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh... looks like a cross between an iPod and a remote.

I was hoping for something more like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha power pad 2.0 would be much better than a new power glove i think. But yah it's basically just playing games w/ a remote control.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fanboys + better games > slightly better product.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 PM

I was actually lucky enough to try the revolution controller, and it will shock you, I promise. very metagame experience. It is amazing technology that will have very big ramifications.

And for the more conventional types, there will be a "shell" controller that is very similar, I expect, to the ps2-type controller.

I was very skeptical too until I played with it.

Also, they will likely be shipping super smash brothers online as a packaged game with the console, which will be amazing.

It all depends on their garnering of third party support, but all the developers who have gotten ahold of the sdk have been clamoring to make titles.

we shall see.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about how much random head you could get by carrying around a DS w/ nintendogs though...
Old 10-31-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about how much random head you could get by carrying around a DS w/ nintendogs though...

[/ QUOTE ]

are you a catholic priest?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you a catholic priest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pls. This game is huge with girls of all ages. The ones that would be randomly giving head i was speaking of are all 18+.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, I am not forgetting the global market... I did say in america.

and no, halo 2 was a big letdown... they nerfed key weapons, and the balance just wasnt right. Im sure they still run Halo 1 tourneys because there arent enough discs of two to go around.

[/ QUOTE ]
i won't argue this as it is a matter of opinion, but i'm not sure what you mean about the lack of h2 discs.
[ QUOTE ]

PS2 has a fanbase because it came out first... plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]
any thoughts on the ultra successful ps1? the one that actually built the fanbase?
[ QUOTE ]

There are extremely few ps2-only titles out that make owning one a huge deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
this might be so, but many multi platform titles are designed on the ps system first (as is currently has the largest market share), and a lot of people find this reason enough to buy one. [ QUOTE ]

The graphics are behind the times, and yada ya. It all boils down to the dynamic of the ps2: alot of non-gamers bought it because of its technological breakthroughs (including dvd). Most of these people stayed with it though Xbox was a better machine, and most of these people play only sports games, and on the opposite side of the spectrum, many fanboys play only rpgs.

[/ QUOTE ] agreed

[ QUOTE ]

PS2's Strongest hardware advantage was the perfect controller, and as of the last picture of the ps3 I saw, they turned it into a boomerang.

[/ QUOTE ] i could definitely be incorrect, but i have been told that this controller is not the final controller.
[ QUOTE ]

Therefore, none of the things that drew in the ps2 fanbase will be there when the ps3 comes out.

[/ QUOTE ] metal gear???

[ QUOTE ]

Look for Nintendo to also rise in respect to the other two with the new controller. However, the life of the Nintendo console depends almost entirely on its online lobby. If it is built as well as Xbox live, look out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think nintendo will do nicely in japan (as always), but i really can't picture many americans that would be caught swinging their arms around like an ape. also the people spinning around in circles with this thing are the same people with no friends, so online probably won't be so important [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]