Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes, and halo 2 was by far a huge letdown.

the graphical glitches were just bullshit, after they took so long to make it.

heres the deal, the revolution and 360 are going to fight it out for best console, as more and more people find out about the revolution's amazing controller, and they get back their 3rd-party support.

Xbox brought a whole new group of gamers into the industry, and they will not lose the fan base.

PS3 will be damn near a non-entity, as their opening sales in America get spanked by the concurrent releease of halo 3.

If it sounds like Im a game nerd, I am. Im in school to make video games, so I study the market. Alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm this is ridiculous. there are a LOT of ps2 owners out there that like their ps2's and DEFINITELY plan on buying ps3's. oh and btw halo 2 was a big letdown until you really started to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy is forgetting the global market as well

[/ QUOTE ]

damn canadians
Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this guy is forgetting the global market as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. As far as I know, Sony and Nintendo will crush Microsoft most places, especially Japan.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm surprised MS doesn't just give up on this market and stick to raping and pillaging the american market like they usually do.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cola, do you get the "disk dirty or damaged" screen a lot on the newer games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not since I ripped that POS Thomson drive out of it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice
Old 10-31-2005, 06:23 PM

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Though the hotness of the frenchie chick almost stopped me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I imagine, that Xbox 360 will have superior graphics as well, and will focus on games, such as military sims, and shooters that I enjoy. I most likely will get the 360.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If you follow any of the developements in the industry, especially E3 [the video game expo in LA] you would know that PS3 will most likely be far more powerful than the 360. The problem with that is that analysts predict that it could carry as much as a $500 pricetag for being so advanced. By looking at trailers for games such as KillZone you will be blown away by how good it is compared to the games on the 360 such as Dead or Alive that are just barely better than the original XBox.

I think it is way too early to tell which one is going to be better, but if I had to guess than I would say the PS3 personally. In terms of success though, it looks like the 360 could take a nice chunk out of Sony by releasing early and appealing to the mainstream gamer with Madden and eventually more Halo. I'm just really hoping the Revolution can put together the right launch games and they might have a very awesome system on their hands.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:27 PM

no, I am not forgetting the global market... I did say in america.

and no, halo 2 was a big letdown... they nerfed key weapons, and the balance just wasnt right. Im sure they still run Halo 1 tourneys because there arent enough discs of two to go around.

PS2 has a fanbase because it came out first... plain and simple.

There are extremely few ps2-only titles out that make owning one a huge deal.

The graphics are behind the times, and yada ya. It all boils down to the dynamic of the ps2: alot of non-gamers bought it because of its technological breakthroughs (including dvd). Most of these people stayed with it though Xbox was a better machine, and most of these people play only sports games, and on the opposite side of the spectrum, many fanboys play only rpgs.

With the next generation, I will be forced to buy a ps3 for FF7-2, but I see no other games that will be Sony-exclusive that I will be drooling over.

The RPG title will be resting in multiple consoles too, as FF11 will be available on 360, and Morrowind Oblivion will bring rpg-fanboys to the xbox.

PS2's Strongest hardware advantage was the perfect controller, and as of the last picture of the ps3 I saw, they turned it into a boomerang.

Therefore, none of the things that drew in the ps2 fanbase will be there when the ps3 comes out.

However, as you said, in Japan and in Europe (I honestly dont know much about the european market) the PS3 might very well sell nicely.

Look for Nintendo to also rise in respect to the other two with the new controller. However, the life of the Nintendo console depends almost entirely on its online lobby. If it is built as well as Xbox live, look out.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look for Nintendo to also rise in respect to the other two with the new controller.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
halo 2 was a big letdown..

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't for Bungie and Microsoft. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

That's all that really matters in the discussion of which systems and games will be more successful. Which systems and games will sell the most units?

I guarantee you Halo 3 won't be a letdown. It will sell like crazy, and everyone knows it.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look for Nintendo to also rise in respect to the other two with the new controller.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The new controller is a gimmick like the DS. It will be useful in a few games but is overall not important.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. The new controller is a gimmick like the DS. It will be useful in a few games but is overall not important.

[/ QUOTE ]