Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:15 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

[ QUOTE ]
Is the 360 going to be faster? I was reading something that said it had 3 processors running at 3.2 ghz.

But the video card is only 500mhz?

[/ QUOTE ]

MHz are a relative measurement to the architecture of the chip. a p3 with the same MHz as a p4 will blow the p4 away, for example. that's sort of like looking at car engines and rating them by their RPM ranges and not their actual accelleration/top speed.

much less is known about the architecture of the ps3, but i think the general take is that the xbox is supposed to be faster, but not signifigantly so. as mentioned, sony is planning on having hd media instead of the 360's dvd, so that's an advantage. they're focusing on some pretty weird crap though, like dual hdtv outputs.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:16 PM

i'm an Xbox guy, even though i have a ps2 (i got one of the new mini ones when they came out for $150 and bought some of the classic games).

That being said, the system i'm looking forward to the most is the Revolution. I think once games finally figure out how to utilize the controller effictively, this machine will be [censored] awesome.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the revolution

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the next Nintendo console, it's so far off my radar that it's not even funny.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, and halo 2 was by far a huge letdown.

the graphical glitches were just bullshit, after they took so long to make it.

heres the deal, the revolution and 360 are going to fight it out for best console, as more and more people find out about the revolution's amazing controller, and they get back their 3rd-party support.

Xbox brought a whole new group of gamers into the industry, and they will not lose the fan base.

PS3 will be damn near a non-entity, as their opening sales in America get spanked by the concurrent releease of halo 3.

If it sounds like Im a game nerd, I am. Im in school to make video games, so I study the market. Alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm this is ridiculous. there are a LOT of ps2 owners out there that like their ps2's and DEFINITELY plan on buying ps3's. oh and btw halo 2 was a big letdown until you really started to play it.

also these vids are gonna help ps3 sales i have to imagine:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventur...id4/media.html
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/media.html
Old 10-31-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

heres the deal, the revolution and 360 are going to fight it out for best console, as more and more people find out about the revolution's amazing controller, and they get back their 3rd-party support.

Xbox brought a whole new group of gamers into the industry, and they will not lose the fan base.

PS3 will be damn near a non-entity, as their opening sales in America get spanked by the concurrent releease of halo 3.

If it sounds like Im a game nerd, I am. Im in school to make video games, so I study the market. Alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm this is ridiculous. there are a LOT of ps2 owners out there that like their ps2's and DEFINITELY plan on buying ps3's. oh and btw halo 2 was a big letdown until you really started to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy is forgetting the global market as well
Old 10-31-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whatever you do, for the love of god, do not get a first gen system.

[/ QUOTE ]

After my original Xbox purchase on the day of the launch, I have to agree. If you buy it right away, you will always end up paying a higher price for a system that will inevitably be crappier than the cheaper versions everyone else gets six months later.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whatever you do, for the love of god, do not get a first gen system.

[/ QUOTE ]

After my original Xbox purchase on the day of the launch, I have to agree. If you buy it right away, you will always end up paying a higher price for a system that will inevitably be crappier than the cheaper versions everyone else gets six months later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cola, do you get the "disk dirty or damaged" screen a lot on the newer games?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much however you look at it, the PS3 is going to have a huge market when it comes out. It's really ridiculous to think otherwise.

The question is, will it be worth the wait?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. As far as I know, Sony and Nintendo will crush Microsoft most places, especially Japan.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cola, do you get the "disk dirty or damaged" screen a lot on the newer games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not since I ripped that POS Thomson drive out of it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]