Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Chipotle and people not living on the west coast.

I see a lot people jocking of Chipotle fairly hard here on 2+2, and it seems like the majority of it comes from people living in the eastern United States. I recently ate at Chipotle for the first time. I just moved back to Santa Barbara this summer, and I'm not sure if it was here before. Regardless, I was surprised to see the restaurant, as I actually first heard of it on the forums.

Anyways, I enjoyed the burrito, though it seemed pretty run of the mill for this area. I don't think it warrants all of the praise it gets. I'm sure some people will flame me for this post, but don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bash Chipotle. I just wonder if maybe it's overrated in areas with less Mexicans because it's the only decent Mexican food to get. For what it's worth, I live about a half mile from a locally owned Mexican food chain called Super Cucas (#1 if anyone was wondering) and personally prefer their food.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Chipotle and people not living on the west coast.

[ QUOTE ]
I see a lot people jocking of Chipotle fairly hard here on 2+2, and it seems like the majority of it comes from people living in the eastern United States. I recently ate at Chipotle for the first time. I just moved back to Santa Barbara this summer, and I'm not sure if it was here before. Regardless, I was surprised to see the restaurant, as I actually first heard of it on the forums.

Anyways, I enjoyed the burrito, though it seemed pretty run of the mill. I don't think it warrants all of the praise it gets. I'm sure some people will flame me for this post, but don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bash Chipotle. I just wonder if maybe it's overrated in areas with less Mexicans because it's the only decent Mexican food to get. For what it's worth, I live about a half mile from a locally owned Mexican food chain called Super Cucas (#1 if anyone was wondering) and personally prefer their food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted something similar a few days ago.. Chipotle is just like baja fresh or any other run of the mill mexican place here on the west coast. It might be great for those who have never had "real" mexican before, but there are WAY too many mexican places for me to eat before I even think of Chipotle.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:27 PM

Sorry, I missed your thread. I just saw a pic of a Chipotle burrito in the Pic Wars thread, and it spurred the idea.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:28 PM

i agree...i moved to vegas from boston, and the local burrito stands out here are way better than chipotle. i do believe chipotle would probably be the best place to get a burrito on the east coast though.saying chipotle has the best burritos is like saying dominoes has the best pizza...they are both good, but if you live in an italian neighborhood this is blasphemy.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I missed your thread. I just saw a pic of a Chipotle burrito in the Pic Wars thread, and it spurred the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't it's own thread.. it was just a part of one of the many what did you have for lunch today threads where someone was "braggin" about having Chipotle.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 PM

I am amazed by the number of people on this forum that mistakenly think Chipolte makes a great burrito. It tastes fine, but is nothing special.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:49 PM

No access to a variety of authentic Mexican taquerias is pretty much exactly why people think Chipotle is the best burrito they've ever eaten.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:51 PM

Everybody here is aware that Chipotle is owned by McDonald's, right? That should say it all.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody here is aware that Chipotle is owned by McDonald's, right? That should say it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's good in its own right. Not anywhere close to a decent California burrito.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:04 AM

[censored] California! If you've never been to Texas, you don't know [censored] from Shine-ola w/rt Mexican food.