Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: My Situation with Halo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
learn to play default it is clearly superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

See... the problem doesn't lie within the actual game-type setup. The problem is actually in the controller desigm.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, if they made a controller with the buttons onthe left side your problem would be solved... but then youd have to adapt to the new controller style. i wonder why xbox hasnt done this (unless they have and i dont know about it).
Old 09-12-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how good could you possibly be good if youve only spent 30 hours playing both games combined? even if you cant hit a target now that youre on default you probably couldnt hit one well before. im also not sure why you made this thread if you hardly play the game.

sorry to be harsh. however, if you were a serious halo player i would entirely understand your problem. southpaw players cant do anything, unless perhaps you were good with your pinkie finger. if you made this thread because youll be playing alot of halo in the future with your addict roomate, it shouldnt take you long to adapt to the new playing style since youve only trained yourself for a limited period of time anyway.

alot of the timing in halo is muscle reflex after youve played the game long enough. if you had been playing relentlessly on south paw, by switching you would probably be losing almost all of your skills. i doubt thats the case here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand the problem very well. Maybe I'm quick to become and old dog, but 30 hours to me is a lot in terms of the subconscious and muscle memory. Good reply, though I was actually prety competent before. But, this is only because I am tactfully aware and fairly good naturally at the game.

[censored] it. So far, from the replies here (and my friend's suggestion) it looks like I'm going to learn to game over again as default. I'm sure it can be done. Just a lot of hard work to be good at a stupid video game.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:25 AM

Halo sucks.

Yeah, thats right, I said it.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You understand the problem very well. Maybe I'm quick to become and old dog, but 30 hours to me is a lot in terms of the subconscious and muscle memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know too much about muscle memory, except that it takes 10,000 reps to groove a basketball shooting motion. I doubt 30 hours is going to groove anything.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:33 AM

i've played this game for at LEAST 15 hrs a week from last November until mid-August, and i will be the 40th person to tell you....sample size too small.

my recommendation would be to play team training and get used to default

you may still be the best person in the room, despite your handicap

(yes, i do have a life, i just don't sleep a lot)