Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: worst beat ive ever seen

[ QUOTE ]
I am now set in my belief that holdem helps stupid players. Tonight I was playing and I had A-9 off suit. The flop hits A diamonds, 2 diamonds, 5 hearts. I bet 200, my opponent folds, another opponent folds but then a second later decides to put me all in to "get the game moving." He was a new player so I was confident I have him beat. I was in 2nd last chip position, or else I would have let him fold to take the blinds, but I needed chips and I KNEW I had him dominated because he has no idea how to play. I call, he has Queen 4, only one diamond. I laugh at him because he has no pair and no draw. The river shows a 3 of diamonds, giving him a closed straight and flush draw. I'm still about 75% to win so I'm not nervous. The river shows a 5 of clubs, giving him the A-5 straight. I was speechless and still am 3 hours later.

I'm thinking of hanging up my poker for good now, thats how damaging this was.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh please stop the insanity. cant believe someone called with nothing. give me a break. if you cant handle that you need to quite. thats not even close to a bad beat. you need to stop posting (i dont want to even call it a "bad beat") and get over it. if thats your worst beat, you havent been playing very long. i hate to flame someone, but this certainly takes the cake.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:45 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]lololololololololololololol
Old 07-31-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of hanging up my poker for good now, thats how damaging this was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking of? you have to.
man, I would quit poker FOREVER if that happened to me

that reminds me of my worst beat. I had a royal flush and lost to 5 of a kind. I think the guy cheated, but I handed over the money.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:50 AM

Well some of these flamers have very few posts to their names...

I wonder if the animosity of the newcomers is good or bad for 2+2. It supports the sarcastic negative reinforcement that we've all learned from, but it's not reaaally helping encourage people to post their thoughts and observations.