Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: How bad was this cold call

i've read replies. ANd I think the call isn't bad. I think if you can see it multiway it's good fro you. And you have position.

Another poster mentioned they'd rather have an aggro game with JTs here. This is wrong because you'll hit the flop only rarely. You want to see the turn and river for few bets. A passive game will ensure you're not knocked out of the pot early.

i think the call is bad if you can't read your opponents well and your post flop play isn't optimal.

felipe
Old 11-12-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A call means you have to play well postflop.

[/ QUOTE ] that sums it up nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sums what up nicely? It isn't exactly hard to play a drawing hand on the button...the question is whether or not the preflop call is "good" or "bad", worth playing postflop at all. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, that's why we have the discussion on it.

I wasn't gonna say anything because I don't want to sound like a troll, but that statement is pretty [censored] arrogant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence would be taken here, I'm like the next guy I like to think I can play well post-flop, the reality is more likely that I play moderately well post-flop, and probably better than anyone on my table during this hand.

Anyway the flop was AQ9 with 2 hearts, and I only called when the preflop raiser bet (all called - 15.5 SB pot), I made the nuts on the turn (Kc - and got 2 more bets from two players - 13.75 BB pot), and on the river 6s came for a blank and I got 1 more bet from the two of them (18.5 BB pot less rake).

Thanks for the replys.

Regards Mack
Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that I am sure it will be 5 handed, how bad is this cold call I made.

I have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button 6 handed 1/2 Absolute.

UTG has limped, MP raises, CO calls, I call, Big blind is ultra loose passive preflop.

Regards Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

A read on the raiser would be nice. But even without a read, a coldcall is okay. Your position is very helpful and makes the coldcall better.