Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Help Me win a Madden 05 Bet

Ok, my friend is good at madden, like real good. Here are the terms of the bet

-I can pick whatever teams i want for both of us, as long as they are regular NFL teams
-No onside kicks
-Play on all madden

So far i have been playing Patriots (me) vs the Giants as the main matchup, though we have run the bet several times, and i have yet to win.

Here is what he likes to do on offense
-Run to the outside out of i-form, allot
-play action deep throw out of i-form
-singleback slant routes mixed in with draws

on defense
-4-3 or dime, with lots of blitzing.

Problems i have been having
-interceptions- we throw roughly the same amount of passes that hit off the hands of the DB, but he seems to intercept it way more. Am i better of letting the computer try and catch it or trying to quickly take control of that guy and hit y?
-the outside run- earlier today i basically tried every defense the patriots have and could not stop it very consistently, or when i did stop it it opened me up to lots of other ****
-Running on offense- i jsut cant get the game going. Even when hes in the dime, he cheats in his safetys or corners and i just get drilled at the line.

Suggestions on what team i should make him be?

I have NO QUALMS, REPEAT, NO QUALMS about using the cheapest possible strategy to beat him, even if that means resorting to the eagles.. please help!
Old 04-10-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Help Me win a Madden 05 Bet

[ QUOTE ]
I have NO QUALMS, REPEAT, NO QUALMS about using the cheapest possible strategy to beat him, even if that means resorting to the eagles.. please help!

[/ QUOTE ]
Vick.

Give him a team with a shitty run defense.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:24 PM

The problem with this strat seems to be he can just pick one of those DE contain plays, and on all madden the dudes are fast enough to catch vick. also- falcons defense= stinkeroo
Old 04-10-2005, 05:30 PM

It would be a crime to not use Baltimore. They are easily the best team in the game to use against this type of strategy. Learn how to run effectively and fast. It amazes me how people suck at running. As for his team, just give him Cleveland or something like that.

Your game plan should be as followed:

A mixture of runs with JamLew and passes to Heap over the middle or quick outs to Heap. Don't get fancy, control the clock and make sure you get the first downs. DO NOT throw into danger. Just get outside the pocket and throw it away.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:30 PM

i will destroy u with the falcons. just do a post corner route they alaways work and if he goes in cover 3 run it
Old 04-10-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Vick.

Give him a team with a shitty run defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beating the Falcons is only harder than beating the Colts. And neither are hard. Honestly, when someone picks a 1-dimensional team I can easily destroy them. The Eagles would be a better option, but the Vikings are the best for black QBs as they do have Randy. A smart person can beat the Vikings though, as all you have to do is double cover Moss and make sure to have a safety to cover Culpepper.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:34 PM

I actually played that exact matchup one game( i have lost like 25 games in a row.. hence the desperate plea). the browns have 2 or 3 recievers who are 96 or above speed and my secondary just couldnt keep up. I threw allot of dropped balls with baltimore, maybe i was just throwing bad passes. Im gonna go try this out v the computer though, thanks
Old 04-10-2005, 05:37 PM

Simulation vs. the computers won't help that much. You should be able to cover his recievers, the thing is always have Reed as your guy of choice and lurk in the part of the field you think he'll go to. This is key.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:39 PM

tbach, when u want to play me? i will eat u up with the falcons [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tbach, when u want to play me? i will eat u up with the falcons [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had PS2 and Live or w/e it's called but unfortunately I got GCube because I prefer the graphics and controllers. So I won't be able to pummel you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]