Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Charity Poker event to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Already have permission to post from Mat. Here is the scoop.

My sister is the executive Director of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) in Minnesota. With the help of Lyle Berman and the WPT they are having a charity Poker Tournament at Canterbury Park on November 5th.

Prizes include a seat in the WPT Celebrity Invitational; $10,000 in cash; a Poker cruise and WPT boot camp.

Entry fee is $500 with an option top pre-purchase a $500 rebuy. Rebuys must be purchaesed prior to the tournament.
Entry and rebuy are 100% tax deductible.

300 entrants 30 poker and local celebrities expected. Amoung the poker celebrities confirmed are Mike Sexton, Mike Caro, Evelyn Ng, Mark Seif, Jan Fisher, Linda Johnson, Lyle Berman, Scotty Nguyen, Marcel Luske, Men Nugyen, David Williams and TJ Cloutier.

From what I understand most of the participants will be corpoarte types with little poker experience. Anyway it will be a lot of fun. I am not playing because there is Super Magooing in Vegas that weekend but I already made my donation. If you play good luck in advance.

If you want more information go to www.jdrf.org/minnesota or you can PM me.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Charity Poker event to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Thanks for the info. I just heard an ad this morning for a "WPT event at Canterbury" and had to do some searching to find out what it was.

I would love to play but don't have the bankroll for it. Hope it goes well. Maybe I'll by a ticket and spectate.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Charity Poker event to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

one bump for the cause
Old 11-06-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Charity Poker event to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundati

So did anyone play in this? Any stories?