Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Drawing 2 up front in limit draw

Personally, I'd prefer betting out in this instance. I think you got a little lucky with the button betting into TWO 2-card draws with 444 (not to meantion drawing ONE and not giving himself the best possible chance to fill when he's very likely in 3rd place at this time...I think staying pat would almost had been a better play for him; unless he's for sure one of you would call down anyway).

Once again, personally, I'd have bet up front with TTT. Check-raising, as stated, leaves yourself open to being reraised and having to call (say one of them filled).

In so far as the drawing of 2, being so much strength was shown pre, and you're in first position, yes, draw 2. If button limp-reraised with a pat hand, you want the best chance for filling as possible.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Drawing 2 up front in limit draw

I'm not sure if it was lucky, I really think he would bet as low as kings up here given we both checked. Both of us drawing 2 should slow him down, but he has a 'good' hand and we both checked so he thinks we can't beat trips (he's not much of a player).

Betting out is a reasonable alternative - I think I like it better than check-calling for the overcall, but I think it misses some value.

If button limp-reraised with a pat hand, you want the best chance for filling as possible.

This is why I decided to draw 2 (BB could be pat also). It's interesting to note though that drawing 2 rather than 1 doesn't really affect your chances of filling up, but drawing 2 gives you about double the chance of making quads. This is only a ~2% edge - I feel like drawing 2 is right here, but these numbers make me wonder...