Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Anger Management

Thanks for the replys.

I do sort of understand that the only way you make money from playing poker is if people make even more mistakes than you do.

The main times I get cross are when I'm playing shorthanded (6-max) with a horrible player that just keeps on getting lucky. Especially as they usually scarper before I can get any back!

I hope I'll learn to stay cool as I play more.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:00 AM

I find I only get really angry when I lose at a limit I KNOW I shouldn't be playing. For example, I was playing 100-200 recently, a limit for which I'm not really rolled for (or psychologically comfortable with). On one hand, I had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB (it was short). UTG raise, folded to me and I call. Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. This guy is very aggro. I check, he bets, I raise, he reraises, I 4-bet and he calls. Turn is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, he bets, I raise, he reraises, I 4-bet, he calls. The river comes another 10. I bet, he raises, I call. He has Q-10 and I lose $1800. I broke something. If this was at 30-60, I wouldn't have flinched. The lesson...play at a limit in which you can handle the natural swings of the game. That's not just related to your finances, but your psychological threshold of pain.

Jeff
Old 06-27-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway the wireless mouse went through the wall and then I slammed my chair down and it broke the wall and the frame inside the chair broke. .

[/ QUOTE ]

thats some major rage- i usually just act like a pathetic winer and tell my mates how bad the beat was.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:05 PM

It is very bad to be angry at a player who lucked out. Be angry at the luck if you must, but don't be angry at a stupid player who needed enough luck to kill an elephant to win.

If you must vent, try one of these:

http://www.ekitchengadgets.com/expubagps.html

I have one on my desk. I'm not proud of using it, but I haven't damaged any computer equipment.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well it auotmatically whisked me back to my table and somehow it anted me in automatically, or I clicked it subconsciously, and I got dealt a hand. I get dealt rolled up, JJJ and proceed to lose the biggest pot I've ever seen, people were in there with straights and flushes, and some guy who started with 2 K 2 made 2's full, I never improved. Anyway the wireless mouse went through the wall and then I slammed my chair down and it broke the wall and the frame inside the chair broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that, the image made me feel much better having just had a horrible session.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that, the image made me feel much better having just had a horrible session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figures that a loser like you would.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:44 AM

Nothing wrong with you, defenitly normal behavior.
People like me really need that outlet, and I gues for you its the same thing.
I use carton boxes to smash into peaces. Nobody gets hurt, except my knockels bleed.
My wife thinks I'm crazy, but she loves the monthly Party-paycheck.
I see no problem here at all.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:59 PM

i like to wait outside and drop the dummies who play poker like old maid. maybe that isn't healthy but it does help my stress level. good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="black"> </font>
Old 07-02-2005, 01:03 PM

pretty easy fold on the river.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:34 AM

If nobody makes Nerf bricks I should start. If somebody does I should become a vender. Google, here I come.