Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:54 PM

Default The HU matches thingamabob

Are people posting results and whatnot publicly? I know some people have already started on this and I think it'd be a good thing if we had a thread with a running total of how things are going. It could be this one; it could be one with a title not including the word "thingamabob", whatever.

Also, what exactly is happening once the round robin matches are done? I understand the results will be used for seeding of either a double bracket or single bracket tournament but what are the stipulations on that? Will those be one-round matches or best-of-three or what? I know a lot of different ideas got thrown out in the original thread but I didn't get the sense that anything was definitely decided on.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: The HU matches thingamabob

I sucked out in an insane hand to beat Isura and I pushed over stu-unger's check/raise on the turn with what was TPTK on the flop only to be called by his turned two pair in like the 4th hand of our match. So I am 1-1.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:22 PM

I am 0-2 and will be looking to right the ship against you tonight. If these prelim matches are for seeding, I've got a lock on #32 and look forward to the evisceration that Bobbofitos is going to lay on me in round 1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 01:54 PM

my matches are set up for friday around mid afternoon pst (early evening EST) if anyone wants to watch and will post my losses then.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am 0-2 and will be looking to right the ship against you tonight. If these prelim matches are for seeding, I've got a lock on #32 and look forward to the evisceration that Bobbofitos is going to lay on me in round 1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll be verrrrrrry lucky if i am #1 =)
Old 10-26-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll be verrrrrrry lucky if i am #1 =)

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I destroyed xorbie today in around 5 hands. Make that 2-1 for the worst player in the world.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:13 PM

I lost to boobofitos where I forgot to include the decimal sign and then lost to AcidCA when he whooped me with KK vs. AQ and I turned a Q. AcidCA played good. I finally won against Rocketansky when he made a huge overbet into me when I had top pair and he had a flush draw and he didn't get there (in fact I turned two pair!)
Old 10-26-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I finally won against Rocketansky when he made a huge overbet into me when I had top pair and he had a flush draw and he didn't get there (in fact I turned two pair!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm...this sounds familiar. Except some fish hit his flush on the river. Now who could that be?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:24 PM

anyone from the other groups care to play me HU for any amount up to 50. need to warm up....
Old 10-26-2005, 10:38 PM

I'm 2-1. Beat swolfe in under 20 hands, then had two long matches where I beat HotPants and lost to 4_2_it by foolishly pushing a pair+gutshot when he obviously likes his hand a whole lot.