Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 01:43 AM

Default new party rake schedule???

Ok, i know everyone is flipping out about the party break, so i've been looking around. I got some crappy potential bonus for playing like a zillion hands. According to their rake schedule it appears that they are going to the contributed rake type. That makes their bonus even worse by a large large margin. Sound off.

"A player in a real money game is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand."
Old 10-10-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: new party rake schedule???

could you link. I started clearing a bonus at 3/6 tonight and played 125 raked hands at a rate that didn't seem any slower than usual.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:58 AM

contributing '1 cent in rake' is different than directly contributing 1 cent to the pot.

'contributed rake' is just how much rake you are responsible for in the hand...regardless of whether you actually put money into the pot on that hand or not.

I think it's just their weird way of saying that if the hand is raked...and you are playing the hand...you get credit for a 'raked-hand'.

There's no way to contribute LESS than $0.01 in rake I don't think (I think the minimum at the low-stakes NL tables is $0.10 rake...so that would be $0.01 per player....but if they rake only (0.05 for a hand than it would be possible to not get credit for a 'raked-hand')
Old 10-10-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
contributing '1 cent in rake' is different than directly contributing 1 cent to the pot.

'contributed rake' is just how much rake you are responsible for in the hand...regardless of whether you actually put money into the pot on that hand or not.

I think it's just their weird way of saying that if the hand is raked...and you are playing the hand...you get credit for a 'raked-hand'.

There's no way to contribute LESS than $0.01 in rake I don't think (I think the minimum at the low-stakes NL tables is $0.10 rake...so that would be $0.01 per player....but if they rake only (0.05 for a hand than it would be possible to not get credit for a 'raked-hand')

[/ QUOTE ]

It is $0.05 min rake at the 25's.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:05 AM

heres the link:

http://www.partypoker.com/games/rake.html

i think i am just reading into this too much. the word contributed just got me all kinds of riled up.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:08 AM

Yeah, its just party's roundabout way of saying you need at least a ten cent rake at a ten handed table.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:10 AM

For rake-back purposes I could have $1,000 in 'contributed' rake for the month...and if I'm getting back 20% of that then I get $200.

That doesn't mean that I put in enough into the pot to have $1,000 raked.
It just means that I played in enough hands (including those I folded pre-flop) where I (and my affiliate) received credit for $1,000 in 'contribted rake'.

It's just a language thing.

Also - since the other poster pointed out that they DO rake $0.05 from a pot...then obviously this would be less than $0.01 of contributer rake for you as a player (assuming 6 or more players) so there IS a hand that is raked where I guess you wouldn't get credit.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:10 AM

sounds good, thx for the assist all.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"A player in a real money game is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to try and dig up a cached version of this page. I think that the definition of a raked hand used to be based on whether or not you were dealt in, not whether or not you actually put money into the pot.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:15 AM

It still is.