Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 02:31 AM

Default General Turn Play

I feel like my NL suffers most with decisions on the turn. Can somebody provide some general advice? What do turn stop'n'gos, donkbets, checkraises generally mean? When is becoming passive on the turn appropriate? What do you do if you have a good but not great hand? I know these are general questions but I have no idea where to start...

Diagnose me, please.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: General Turn Play

The turn is tough to play because it is the most desperate of the four streets. All the draws are starting to get desperate and might try something stupid. The good hands are trying to avoid getting stacked by the great hands. And the great hands are trying to get as much money in as possible.

Donk bets and stop/gos are the moves good hands try to use to avoid stacking without losing value. Check raise is a move that draws and great hands use to try to get money in/get folds. The trick is figuring if they got the goods or the goods to get.

Of course, mostly it just depends on who your enemy is. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: General Turn Play

I guess I'm trying to find out what people's biggest problems are on the turn, and how to plan for the river.