Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM

Default 2/4 NL KK deep stacks

The game is 2/4 nl 6max with a $400 max buy. The hero and villain in this hand each have ~$800.

I am UTG+1 and am dealt black Kings. UTG folds and I bet the pot. The villain who is directly to my left calls and the big blind calls.

About me: I have been raising roughly 1/3 my hands when not in the blinds always for the pot size. I have been making continuation bets about 2/3 of the time on the flop. So far I haven't shown anything too goofy.

About villain: He is multitabling and he plays fairly well. We have played many, many hands together and he seems to respect me some. He does float a lot of hands in position against me. We haven't had any big confrontations today.

3 to the flop which comes 357 rainbow. BB checks, I bet $40, Villain quickly raises to $100, BB folds...

What is the next move and why?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: 2/4 NL KK deep stacks

c
Old 10-05-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 2/4 NL KK deep stacks

Call, lead turn and shutdown there if he raises. If villain calls the turn, make a blocking bet on the river. If at anypoint you are raised after the flop muck your hand.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Call, lead turn and shutdown there if he raises. If villain calls the turn, make a blocking bet on the river. If at anypoint you are raised after the flop muck your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This plan seems pretty strong. Seems like it would be more likely to punish the hands I am beating than a flop reraise. He could possibly dump 88-QQ or 76s/65s to a reraise. The turn lead might confuse him if he held an overpair and send him into call down mode. Plus I could catch lightning in a bottle and spike a king. Folding to any more raises is obviously correct at 2/4.

My snap plan was a reraise to $250. He immediately pushed and I folded.

Thanks for the advice.