Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: AA - big pot on raggedy board.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think somebody that you find is capable of calling 3 bets cold with 76s-75s,65s,43s is not capable of playing hands like aa-88 even a6 like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of a fact of life that many villains will automatically call any number of PF raises after they've limped. It's stupid and you make a lot of money off those people, but his calling the PF cap doesn't really tell you anything about his hand.

UTG+1 seems to know where the "bet" and "raise" buttons are located, so if he had an overpair of his own I think we would have heard about preflop.

I could see calling this down if I had a strong read on UTG+1 as either completely cluesless or way over-aggressive postflop, but neither of those apply against an unknown.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:16 AM

I'm 3betting the flop, but if it's capped in front of me and the turn action remains the same, it's a tough decision on whether to go forward or not. Perhaps I coldcall two bets on the turn, but release to any further pressure. If both opponents have shown themselves to be reasonably sane, I probably let it go the first time on the turn.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think somebody that you find is capable of calling 3 bets cold with 76s-75s,65s,43s is not capable of playing hands like aa-88 even a6 like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of a fact of life that many villains will automatically call any number of PF raises after they've limped. It's stupid and you make a lot of money off those people, but his calling the PF cap doesn't really tell you anything about his hand.

UTG+1 seems to know where the "bet" and "raise" buttons are located, so if he had an overpair of his own I think we would have heard about preflop.

I could see calling this down if I had a strong read on UTG+1 as either completely cluesless or way over-aggressive postflop, but neither of those apply against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your insight is right on here as it sure looks like BB is not going to fold.

The happy ending is that I called, rivered an ace and raised UTG+1 who called the bet with two pair. There. That makes up for a beat or two I have taken. I like happy endings.