Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 11:29 PM

Default AKo in the SB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

i decide to just call and CR any flop.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (12.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, once again w/o a plan if villian bets.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: AKo in the SB

any reads on button?

I think you've got yourself in too deep. Pot is big enough to call but you are probably toast.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:29 AM

Read on the Button? The only reason I might call this down is because he limp-reraised on the button preflop, which makes me think he could be full of crap. If you have some sort of read that he's donktastic, I call. There's probably more value in you seeing what he limp-reraises with than your chances of actually winning the pot.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Check this hand out... suggests a call with that pot size.

I thought about this for 15 seconds before making the crying call. Saw the guy semibluff a few hands ago and thought I had the odds. Started my big upswing.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results:

<font color="white">joehann shows [ Qh, Jd ] a pair of threes.
playing4real shows [ Kh, Ah ] a pair of threes.
playing4real wins $133 from the main pot with a pair of threes with ace kicker.</font>
Old 06-08-2005, 12:51 AM

I just dont get this type of betting (not you personally but this shorthanded suicidal style), if Im raising on the flop and get 3 betted I am capping it, on the flop I am throwing the hand at the dealer or my PC screen facing 4 players. if I hit an A or a K at this point I wouldnt like it anyway and to me thats the mostt important thing, if I cant catch my hand and love it then whats the point yes? I bet he showed you A-Q or a lucky 10-Q also.

this shorthanded suicidal style &lt;----&gt; I say this cuz I want the most money to go into the pot from the flop on and I cant see this style of aggressive blind play its much to costly for the player. Is it done to keep the bogus hands out and if so fine but it looks to be overdone so many times and I watch guy after guy get "cooked" this way (his bankroll) Then it stays aggressive after the flop so again I just dont see the theory or how its helpful being the later betting is worth twice as much and I dont want them to know I have a decent holding. Ok, you can flame away now! : )
Old 06-08-2005, 01:04 AM

A little confused by what you said, but I think I get the general gist with the preflop argument. I agree this isn't the time to get fancy. Joker, you got a premium hand with 3 other players in. You have huge value in capping preflop.

By going for the auto flop c/r, you're essentially getting the same money in as you would by capping preflop and auto betting the flop. The only difference is your equity is higher preflop than it is right here. I know you want to protect the pot, but this pot's already huge. Even with a c/r on the flop, everyone is getting 8:1 (or 9:1 if both flop checks cold call) to see a turn. With a pot that's going to be as big as this, I say go for the value of the PF cap instead of trying to protect an already inflated pot.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on the flop I am throwing the hand at the dealer or my PC screen facing 4 players. if I hit an A or a K at this point I wouldnt like it anyway and to me thats the mostt important thing, if I cant catch my hand and love it then whats the point yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't appreciate pot size/pot odds.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Results

the river got checked through and we chopped.