Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: An Introduction and a question

No you use it after you play to analyze the game. Also, just spending time playing around with it is extremely useful.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No you use it after you play to analyze the game. Also, just spending time playing around with it is extremely useful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh so it's not an EXACT science. I pretty much do these calling range calculations in my head in a much more sloppy manner like this duhhhh.... I have K 8 on the button I'm gonna shove all in because the BB is tight and by the time he picks up an A 10 to call me with I will have already taken enough of his $ to ofset the fact that he will be the favorite going in(Is that Folding equity?). So this will be cool to use thanks. Hey I play 2000 chips 8 minute rounds. Are turbos more profitable? or are they more of a crapshoot?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are turbos more profitable? or are they more of a crapshoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

more of a crapshoot, but you can play more, so they might be more profitable for you.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or are they more of a crapshoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how good of a crapshooter you are!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:06 PM

Welcome. You've almost created a mini-FAQ in this thread.

Most have answered a lot of your questions, but here are a couple from my POV.

Party is extremely profitable for a good player. It may not be for a mediocre player, and certainly NOT for a bad player. That's why so many good players make so much money. I'm not suggesting you're bad or mediocre, but experience counts more than you realize. I'm barely hanging on when I multi-table. I have a pretty good ROI when I play one at a time. It takes time and experience to play these, esp at Party with no margin for error. The more you can do without having to think about it, the better off you'll be, esp when playing more than one table. Maybe somebody else can explain this in fewer words?

No reason to keep it a secret. The secret is you have to work at it...really, really hard. Most people like the easy way. They depend on luck. They'll never learn "the secret." (And the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.)

Your acct name is cool and apropos. There is more Zen in poker than most people realize.

Read the FAQ at the top. If you can get through that and absorb everything in it, you won't have to ask if you're a winning player. You'll know it.

Best wishes, one former USAFer to another. (I didn't retire. We had reads on each other early on.)

CJ
Old 10-03-2005, 03:14 PM

Default OT wrong forum but this is my first thread so.......

Are there any posters on here who have had any live tournament success (televised tables) etc.
I have seen a couple of dan druff hate posts. Everyone seems to hate him. He said he was a "well known" internet player well known from where? The only internet player I ever heard of before I started internet play was Spirit Rock
I wonder how much ROI he'd have on a 109 sng at Party
Old 10-03-2005, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the advise Cactus jack. Yes I have read the FAQ, and I knew I was a winning player when I was cashing out money online consistently. I'm sure I've not seen the worst variance has to offer yet but I have seen variance.

I know I have .5% the sample size to be posting this but what the hay!! It's my first day

after 100 RECORDED 5.5$ sngs I have

ROI 27% 1st 18%
2nd 12%
3rd 15%
4th 14%
5th 10%
6th 13%
7th 5%
8th 7%
9th 5%
This is including a 9 OOTM streak.
I dont pretend these #s mean anything except I feel like my luck was sub par not even including the streak in these 100
I know I am a winning player.
I also know I have room for improvement(alot)
I have cashed out several thousand dollars on multiple occations from low limit play
PS: your introduction was what made me come out of the 2+2 shadows. Thanks for the post
Old 10-03-2005, 03:52 PM

By the way I'm 25 years old and my mind is still spongey.
I was medically retired. I had reads too Cactus jack
Old 10-03-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS: your introduction was what made me come out of the 2+2 shadows. Thanks for the post

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding! The one and only contribution to this forum I'll ever make. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CJ
Old 10-03-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: OT wrong forum but this is my first thread so.......

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any posters on here who have had any live tournament success (televised tables) etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
ZeeJustin

[ QUOTE ]

I have seen a couple of dan druff hate posts. Everyone seems to hate him. He said he was a "well known" internet player well known from where?

[/ QUOTE ]
Neverwinpoker.com