FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: **Katrina Relief Tournament #1 Tues. 9/6 Paradise Poker**

Go Cubs!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will transfers to katrinahelp also be matched, or is that only tournament-contributed money?

[/ QUOTE ]

GrannyMae is checking with the Paradise contact. We may not have an asnwer until tomorrow. I will post as soon as i find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">
In a message dated 9/2/2005 5:38:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Marketing@ParadisePoker.com writes:

Hi Granny,

You can let them know that we'll match all the funds in the 'KatrinaHelp' account as well.

Paradise Poker Marketing
</font>

woooo
Old 09-02-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Paradise Poker is matching all donations too!

Way to go Paradise Poker, this is agreat offer and much appreciated. I know granny posted this but I thought it was important enough to get a headline.

<font color="red"> In a message dated 9/2/2005 5:38:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Marketing@ParadisePoker.com writes:

Hi Granny,

You can let them know that we'll match all the funds in the 'KatrinaHelp' account as well.

Paradise Poker Marketing
</font>
Old 09-02-2005, 09:50 PM

Great! Is there any way this can be written off on taxes? I wonder how well the IRS would like donations made through online poker sites. This won't keep me from donating, but I'd like to know before I do the transfer if there's anything I can do to make this deductible.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:56 AM

Great! Is there any way this can be written off on taxes?

it most certainly can. i made a large tsunami donation last year and was told to get the check to Intl-RedCross in fiscal 2004. the tourney was just after, but this worked perfectly because we had 2 waves of donations and i was able to max out 2004 from the early donations.

just save the emails on the tourney or katrinahelp transfers. these would be allowed.

for this event, ALL FUNDS GOING TO AMERICAN RED CROSS in case anyone is wondering. last year there was a split with doctors without borders, this year it will all go to RC.

it is better to donate through the paradise special account than direct because of the 100% match.

finally, i think paradise has taken our tournament and run with it regarding solicitation of donations. once again, Da zoo rules.

thx all
Old 09-03-2005, 01:10 PM

Default For those who donate...

please make sure you PM me with your donation confirmation email from Paradise. (you can remove sensitive info) I want to make sure you get credit for your donation.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:43 PM

I just logged into Paradise and saw the site has taken this tournament "public" (from the Paradise poker news pop-up):

"The Katrina Relief tournament is set for this Tuesday at 8pm ET. 50% of the prize pool will be donated towards Katrina Aid. Paradise will match the 50%!

Direct donations can be made through player transfers to the account KATRINAHELP. Paradise will match all donations made to this account!"

Fantastic move paradise! Can't wait to see how many people we get now.

J

EDITED TO ADD: since this will increase the number of non-2+2'rs playing I'm going to add an asterisk to my bounty and say that to claim the player portion you have to PM me the hand history within 4hrs or I'll be sending it all to the KATRINAHELP account.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDITED TO ADD: since this will increase the number of non-2+2'rs playing I'm going to add an asterisk to my bounty and say that to claim the player portion you have to PM me the hand history within 4hrs or I'll be sending it all to the KATRINAHELP account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I will be doing the same with my bounty.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Last Longer Bets? Anyone interested.

I am up for some last longer action. I will pledge 100% of my winnings to the relief fund. I will take on multiple players. Respond if interested.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Katrina Relief Tournament: Sun 9/4 FullTiltPoker

From an e-mail received from FullTiltPoker:

"We want to thank everyone for helping us make our Friday night Hurricane Relief Tournament such a success.

Still, considering the overwhelming scope of this tragedy and the continued horrors being faced by residents of the Gulf Coast, we believe there's more we can do to help. Therefore, we're asking you to take some time out of your holiday weekend to help us raise even more money to aid the victims of Hurricane Katrina by playing in our next special charity tournament at 9:15PM ET on Sunday, September 4th.

Once again, registration for this tournament will be $20 + a $10 donation to the American Red Cross’ Hurricane 2005 Relief fund. Full Tilt Poker will again match 100% of each donation, meaning that for every person who plays, we’ll send $20 to assist the victims of this devastating storm.

Thank you again for your support of this worthwhile cause. We look forward to seeing you at the table.

Sincerely,

Team Full Tilt"