Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: AK OOP 10/20 Party

I see what you're saying. In this situation what would you reraise to? Then, what would you bet on a 247 flop and what would bet on an A22 flop? I'm always willing to add aggression to my game, I just don't know exactly how'd I'd play it. Also, if villian calls your flop bet (in either situation) what is your plan from there?

JKratzer
Old 07-08-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Results

A lot depends on who the MP perfop caller is. If he's a loose player preflop who limps a lot here the CO can be raising with A8 or A9 here or 88 or 99 to isolate him with position or take the blinds and any of those hands have you in trouble on the turn calling a very large reraise. If the MP player was a tighter player, I'm actually much more comfortable with this call since CO is much more likely to be pushing AK or AQ here.

Also check his turn & river aggression #'s, if they aren't pretty high, more often than not, you're in trouble here if he views you as a solid player.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: AK OOP 10/20 Party

Just to be clear, this is not the kind of opponent I would re-raise against.

I would raise $200 on top to announce an uber-premium hand. It's up to him to decide which one that is and if he wants to continue. If he flat calls, whether I throw a continuation bet out there (and I think it has to be close to pot-sized online) on a whiff depends on the player and our history. If the flop is A22, I think the hand plays itself unless you want to get cute and check the flop.

No way is this perfect of course. Building a big pot with AK OOP is risky to say the least if you think it's likely you'll see a flop. this may be working for me in the 2/3 and 2/5 games local here in ATL mainly because a large number of players here are not capable of laying down AJs, etc PF to a big re-raise. And will auto-fold if they call with medium-small pairs and any broadway cards come out.

- Jim
Old 07-08-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Also check his turn & river aggression #'s, if they aren't pretty high, more often than not, you're in trouble here if he views you as a solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea, I don't check different street aggression #s at all. I do look at overall aggression at least. Question: how many hands until these #s are meaningful? Villian in this situation had 200 hands, not very many to SD.

Thanks,
JKratzer