Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: PP NL 600 Set of Q\'s facing an ugly board.

The common theme seems to be that this isn't a threatening board and I tend to disagree but I'll elaborate.

This opponent like most good LAG's usually attacks when you show weakness or when circumstances make it far less likely that a conventional raise with big cards hit a flop or the board is threatening with something like paired 10's, 3 running cards, monochorme flop, etc. He's good, a consitent winner, not some donk who will try to push all in with a pair like JJ over a solid preflop raiser on the flop when an A or K comes on the flop. As the preflop raiser I was virtually certain to have hit that flop quite solidly, so I tend to read his lack of fear on the turn as a clear indication that he's got a very solid hand here as he has to be aware that I'm at least 50% likely to have a hand I'm willing to push back with on the turn and his reraise makes him very close to being pot committed, which I doubt he'd do if he's on the draw since even the best possible draws here are better off just calling here.

Does no one else tend to read these circumstances where he's raising me in spite of the likelihood of a strong hand on my part the same way or is this an individual quirk in my thinking?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:02 AM

the villian can have a strong hand and think he is winning here and just be wrong. one of his most probable hands here is 2 pair and thats losing to trip Qs. when you add in the potential for some bluffs and pair+draw type hands and the fact that the queens have an ok redraw to the boat even when things are bad for the amount of money in play there is just nothing to think about. debating about how threatening the board is isnt all that producative cause its not threatening enough to warrant considering any other options.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That was not the board I was expecting to see when I clicked on the thread. Stick the rest of your money in there and either win or lose, then move on to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]exactly my thoughts. jesus. this board seems like nitfest USA lately. what board are you hoping for? i guess you pushed and he had AJ. SO WHAT.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That was not the board I was expecting to see when I clicked on the thread. Stick the rest of your money in there and either win or lose, then move on to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]exactly my thoughts. jesus. this board seems like nitfest USA lately. what board are you hoping for? i guess you pushed and he had AJ. SO WHAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nitfest USA. i love it. so true.

and the board is not Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so maybe QQQ is no good?

FOR GOD SAKES THROW YOUR MONEY IN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. but yeah no more bumping this thread, sorry guys.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:00 AM

I would think 9J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or AJ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is going to raise this flop.