Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Big blind 10/20 Party

I normally lead in situations like this...bad idea?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i agree... i think if you lead out, you can determine based on size of the raise and action in front of you if you want to fold to the raise or go all in. my point before about the lead then push on a reraise was that if you really want to get all in on this hand, for god sakes, do it with some folding equity.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]no. checkraising=veery bad idea.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:39 PM

Would you have posted this here if you had lost the hand? Somehow I doubt it...
Old 07-05-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you have posted this here if you had lost the hand? Somehow I doubt it...

[/ QUOTE ]

This was an interesting post with some interesting replies and debate. Why on earth do the results matter?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:45 PM

I agree, leading out here is the better play. Since UTG is apparently a total unknown, his most likely hand here in the PP 10/20 is some sort of pair lower than QQ, sometimes even AA and KK if there's been lots of blind stealing by the LP players, pairs are by far the mostly commonly limped hand UTG in that game when the table is close to full. Since you can hope for a reraise by either UTG with 66, 88-JJ or the CO with a pair of some sort or a draw hoping to push you off the hand, if you get reraised it's a push with lots of fold equity and you aren't that big of a dog to anything except a set or 68. The # of pairs he'll raise with vs the # of pairs that hit a set here is substantially in favor of 66 or an overpair.

The CO is more dangerous here than the UTG since he's far more likely to have 68 or Xs6s. If it's a call and a blank so be it, you've the pair & a solid draw, fire again on the turn, the flush draw and anyone holding just a 6 will likely give up there & you have lots of outs against a better pair, depending on bet size you might still have room to get away if he comes over the top, but you've given yourself 2 solid shots to win the hand by aggression and a reasonable draw to the turn.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:48 PM

A few things here :
You want to be playing these types of big draws exactly like you play your sets.

Further, leading, getting raised, and then pushing, allows you to make alot more when your opponents fold. You make it $100, they make it $400, you push has more potential than you check, they make it $100, you make it $500. They're then either going to push or fold.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:50 PM

Irrelevant, it's an interesting situation that people are discussing.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i agree... i think if you lead out, you can determine based on size of the raise and action in front of you if you want to fold to the raise or go all in. my point before about the lead then push on a reraise was that if you really want to get all in on this hand, for god sakes, do it with some folding equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:59 PM

Maybe I'm very wrong, but I simply do not see the flop call as being even close to correct. A very high percentage of the time you will be up against a set or a flush draw with overs in this situation and will be, at best, a coin flip to win.

The results don't matter necessarily, but would any of you who normally play this limit recommend calling $1000 on a low flush draw with middle pair? I just don't think so.