Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 03:46 AM

Default He\'s get the snowmen.... the double infinity....

What's he gonna do with these Mike?
Well Vince I think he'll go ahead and raise, call a re-raise try to flop a set and win a big pot. This should be interesting folks, lets watch.

Mp2's bet caught me off guard, played with him for a few orbits and haven't seen anything notable, not that I was worried about what he was holding.

CO just seems like he wants to threebet me everytime I raise preflop. (3 out of the last 5 or 6 times)

Comments on how I played the hand appreciated.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, MP2 folds.

River: (12.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB
Old 08-30-2004, 04:42 AM

Default Re: He\'s get the snowmen.... the double infinity....

Anyone raise the flop?
Anyone go for a check raise on the river?
Old 08-30-2004, 04:45 AM

i think you played it fine. smooth calling flop looks great, have CO raise then you can 3-bet.

I wouldnt attempt a river checkraise as this guy has shown no postflop strength whatsoever.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:48 AM

well he called two cold on the turn I figured he must have something. I don't know I got flustered when mp bet and co didn't raise.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:35 AM

Looks fine to me.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:42 AM

What's not to like?

I can't see myself even thinking twice about any of these plays. That's bad of course...

But what was your reason for posting the hand? What are you concerned about here?

Guy.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:10 AM

I'm not sure about the preflop raise. After 2 limpers, you can get caught in the tweener zone with maybe one or 2 callers behind you resulting in 3 or 4 opponents total. Not enough for set value and too many for unimproved 8's to take it down most of the time.

Is this a routine play now? I must have missed the transition and frankly, I don't quite get it.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 AM

I'm with Festus on the preflop part, I like just calling and hoping the either the CO and button decide to come along. Had there been only one limper I like a raise, once you have 2 limpers and probably one of the blinds coming along for the raise you often end up against 3-4 opponents which seems toughest to play a medium pair for a preflop raise. However, if the CO, button and blinds are total loose idiots then raising might not be so bad if you still feel you are gonna get action behind you but not aquire position.

Bob S.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 PM

Unless those 2 limpers are known to limp in with zip and pip and the CO/Button are rocks, then I would not be raising that pre-flop. The rest of the hand is routine, you laid the trap put the branches over it, etc. that you actually had to pretend MS and VVP were announcing it. Wowee zowee.