Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Legends of Poker $300 NL, bustout hand with JJ ITM.

Legends of Poker, $300NL started with 430 Players.

I have 26,000 in chips, Avg with 13 players left. Blinds are 1000-2000 with 300 ante. There are six players at my table and it’s folded to me on the button with JJ. I raise to 10k wanting to just win the hand there. The standard raise had been either 6K, 10K or all in at this level. The BB(30K in chips) in this hand was just moved to table to balance the two tables so I have no read.

He thinks for a while and moves all in and I’m thinking his range is A10+, 88-AA (this is based on the typical player in this tourney) and he probably thinks I’m just trying to steal the blinds from the button. I call, he has AA and I’m out in 13th.

Should I have raised to 6K and fold to the push or was this unlucky and I’m ahead more times. It’s frustrating to bust out this close to the bigger money. (I won $1160, final 5 chopped for about 20K on avg each)
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Legends of Poker $300 NL, bustout hand with JJ ITM.

Nice playing. I was just saying how I was in the same position a couple weeks ago. I was SB and it folded to me and I went all in w/ 20k in chips when blinds were 1200/2400. The guy instacalled w/ AA and I was out in 12th. I think you have to do it and its just bad lucky. How many chips did the guy that called have?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Legends of Poker $300 NL, bustout hand with JJ ITM.

8 to 10K is the right raise here, even if his range is a little smaller than you have it which it probably isnt, due to your raise looking like a steal, then you are committed. Just bad luck is my vote.