Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Neteller Issue

So I've done a couple insta cash deposits to my Neteller account, and I've noticed that the money isn't taking away from my bank account instantly, as it seems to take a couple days to process.

My question is, what happens if I don't have sufficient money in my bank account to cover the deposit at the time that the trasnfer is processed and Neteller goes to take the money out?

I would assume they would just cancel it, and take the money from your Neteller account, but what would happen since I've already deposited it on a poker site?
Old 05-30-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Neteller Issue

It's like writing a bad check. The bank usually will honor it, put a negative balance on your account and begin tacking on all of their fees. Not a good idea.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:45 PM

If you don't have sufficient funds then your bank will charge you a fee. Then NETeller will charge you a fee and place your account on hold. They will then contact you to arrange collections. If you don't pay up then your credit rating will be adversely affected.

It's all in the terms and conditions of your bank, and NETeller for details on the exact procedure and fees.

Regards,

Rom.

P.S. Yes it's not a particularly good plan. The reason the funds dont leave your account straight away is because it takes some time for the request from NETeller to reach your bank account
Old 05-30-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like writing a bad check. The bank usually will honor it, put a negative balance on your account and begin tacking on all of their fees. Not a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

and NETeller will put him on a deadbeat list with every poker site. that's because it will be charged back to NETeller. his bank won't eat a dime, but they will collect fees as you say.

he will never again be able to open an account in his real name at any legit site.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:48 PM

So basically you are saying I should deposit money into my bank account ASAP to avoid this?

It won't really be too much of a problem if it takes me a day or so, will it?
Old 05-30-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and NETeller will put him on a deadbeat list with every poker site. that's because it will be charged back to NETeller. his bank won't eat a dime, but they will collect fees as you say.

he will never again be able to open an account in his real name at any legit site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:06 PM

Get your money in there ASAP, and hope that it makes it in time. If not you are gonna get hit hard in fees. NSF charge from your bank and a NSF charge from NETeller.

If you don't get the funds in there in time, read up on the procedure at NETeller -- they may have a policy of automatically trying to take the funds from your bank account again after so many days (FirePay does) and this may cause additional fees at your bank. Basically contact NETeller and arrange something with them asap and you will be fine,

Rom
Old 05-30-2005, 05:09 PM

Got my money today, and I believe it was in time, as I still had money left in my bank account.

Phew, I made it.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:11 PM

Fingers crossed for ya,

Rom
Old 05-30-2005, 08:31 PM

Default if you lack the funds to cover a small neteller deposit

you should probably be looking into a JOB instead of online poker - playing with money you don't have is no way to establish yourself as a legitimate player(ie you will play scared and you will lose)