Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 PM

Default JJ

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero ?

UTG is a total fish...like 82/9/.49 He could have any 2 cards here literally.

UTG + 1 is laggy and tricky. 25/19/1.3

On the turn, UTG checks, UTG+1 pauses (whatever that may mean), and checks.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: JJ

I think I would b/f the turn and check behind on the river assuming I get the opportunity. These guys could be chasing lots of hands and I don't see any reason to give an A or Q or flush draw a free card.

I think checking behind the turn makes the river difficult to play.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:42 PM

I'm bet/folding. Can't give a free card to a flush / straight draw. If raised, I gotta let it go.

EDIT: I find many times that the "pause-check" from a donkish Villian on a scary turn card means that he's drawing and really wants you to check behind since he's "contemplating" a check-raise.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I find many times that the "pause-check" from a donkish Villian on a scary turn card means that he's drawing and really wants you to check behind since he's "contemplating" a check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can also mean. "I have a big hand, pausing for a long time makes me look weak".
Old 10-26-2005, 12:58 PM

How good is your read on UTG+1's post flop play? How wide of a range is he peeling on the flop here? I want to go with bet/fold to, but those two T's and that K don't make me very happy. He raises a lot preflop (and even more because of UTG), but that flop/turn is hitting a lot of those hands. QJ/AJ/J9 can be discounted cuz you have two J's. KQ, KJ, KT, K9, AT, QT, JT, T9, AK are all ahead of you. Would he stay in on the flop with 99/88/66/A7/Axs?

I guess I'd go b/f, but I don't really like it. Since UTG superfish is still in there it makes me want to bet more to because he'll incorrectly call with a lot with random junk. Plus, if UTG calls the turn, it's very unlikely UTG+1 will bluff checkraise - making your fold easier. I'd check the river ui.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:15 PM

FWIW: UTG+1 here is shaping out to be more like 23/18/1.5, which is perfectly reasonable given the fact that the donk is on his right

At any rate, I bet because I'm not giving free cards, UTG called and UTG + 1 raised. I folded.

Rag came on the river, and it checked through.

UTG had 88 and UTG+1 had AQ.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:25 PM

ARGH!!!

New notes for UTG+1, but it's hard to put him on exactly AQ and a bluff c/r.

Only thing fishy about his play that might signal it is that if he had the K or T he should be betting that flop to extract value from the fish, charge a draw, and to see how you react.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:27 PM

I always hate to give free cards to draws, but that is just a damn scary board. So scary that it's a beautiful board to bluff-c/r for a tricky TAG. I check behind on the turn and try to induce a bluff on the river. I'm calling a single bet on any safe river (i.e. a non- [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], non-A, non-Q).

Edit: Just read the results. Now I don't know if I got lucky or my line was correct. Wait a while on the results next time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2005, 01:30 PM

I think you did the right thing. Too bad UTG+1 is a douche who thinks he can bluff a PFR and an overcaller with A-high.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you did the right thing. Too bad UTG+1 is a douche who thinks he can bluff a PFR and an overcaller with A-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm discussing this play with a friend right now. I'm not totally sold that his play wasn't decent here.