Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Ok I won this time.

First off when an opponent is VERY loose aggressive I have a hard time giving credit for a good holding. I think some times I lose more when behind and win less when in the lead. Onto the hand.

Mirage 10-20 decent game. LAG openraises in mp folded to me in sb w/ 88 I 3 bet, bb folds, lag 4 bets I call. Flop 569r I bet, raise, call. Turn 9 check, bet, raise, re-raise (crap), call. River Q. Check, check and my hand was good. He had 77.Was the CR on the turn too aggressive verses a loose opponent? Should I check call twice to give them a chance to bluff and lose the least when behind?
Old 02-25-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Ok I won this time.

This is fine. Also, you can stop'n'go, flop, turn, and river (or at least flop and turn) which does feel more painful when you lose -- the preflop & turn action, do suggest a pair, which means you're gonna look at plenty of better hands, as it's either higher or very well a set. LAG gives you the Classic Free Showdown Four Bet, pouring money into your stack with 2 outs to win 2 bets and 2 more to cost him 3 bets.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Ok I won this time.

hi jeff
good post jeff. i'm thinking here....nah. you know you played it perfectly. you just want to know if we know you played it perfectly. i do think though that you were a little surprised when he 3-bet, but not to the extent that you're telling us.

you're a good player jeff.