Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2005, 08:15 AM

Default How Often Do You Reraise With Queens?

How often do you reraise with Queens? If opens while I'm on button I would defenitely consider it, but I hate raising OOP.

My notes on Button were, "Minraised AJo UTG+1 at full table. Checked behind 2 others with it on [7h 9c 9s] flop."

Not extremely helpful, but gives me a bit of information about his range. He checked behind other players with unimproved AJo. I remember the turn was a Jack and he bet. I don't think I've seen him showdown anything else that he minraised either.

-----
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed)

UTG ($143.50)
UTG+1 ($120.45)
MP1 ($53.65)
MP2 ($37.35)
CO ($134.50)
Button ($103.25)
SB ($117.90)
Hero ($112.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1.

Flop: ($10) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $23</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $15</font>, SB folds, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $51.65</font>, Button calls $13.65.

River: ($98.30) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $98.30

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Kh Kc (one pair, kings).
Button has Ad Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Button wins $98.30. </font>
-----

I didn't reraise pre as I hate raising anything OOP. I figured I'd just look at a flop with my Queens. If the flop came with undercards than I'd have a strong hand. I also don't think they could put me on Queens either, with me just calling preflop and all.

Flop wasn't bad, I decided to check-raise. I wanted to see the action before me, and weed out players with a larger raise, not bet $8 and get 4 callers. I'm growing particularly fond of checking decent hands in the blinds, which I usually bet, in order to see the action. More often than not I will see a bet get reraised by players who have me crushed. Saves me a bet. It also lets me pick off bluffs or check-raise when I'm sure people are bluffing.

I lead blank turn for 4/5th pot bet and get raised a decent amount. Then minraiser reraises that, which is most likely a set of Jacks, Aces or Kings. Needless to say I'm out of there ASAP.

Anyways, comments are appreciated. Just wondering how you all play Queens.