Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Im happy

You've just described limit holdem in a nutshell.

Now if you're talking no-limit I will agree with you.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.

If you're trying to imply that you make over 100K a month playing a modest amount of hours and yet feel the need to come on this forum and complain about affiliates being like pimps while sounding like a teenager I am going to call BS and tell the truth.

You are a marginal or perhaps even losing player who is blaming the high volume of multitabling tight aggressive players for your lack of success.

A more forgiving assesment is that you've noticed you are able to beat loose, passive games full of fishies but when the games get tougher you realize that you either a) don't have the patience or b) the skills/experience to beat tougher games.

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned
Old 10-09-2005, 06:07 AM

Um, sorry but i never said i make over 100K a month.

The man had said that Jman makes more per month then i have made IN MY ENTIRE POKER CAREER. and assuming Jman has played many many months to get this good (not), then yes hes made millions. lol.

i was simply replying to this mans gross exaggeration of Jmans earnings. if Jman was this wealthy i doubt HE would care about losing his party skins rakeback.

as for me, i dont care that much about rakeback, but i appreciate it when its there and take advantage of it. (i would be stupid not to), however in the discussion when someone said we should have sympathy for affiliates it made me start thinking how they really do jack-all in most cases. and i dont enjoy anybody making money off me (money that could go back to me) for doing nothing.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:11 AM

say what you want...i make a nice living off playing poker part time as my sole source of income (although I'm learning about investing), and i do it in an enjoyable way...not furiously pressing buttons on 16 tables.

who cares whether or not you believe me.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:15 AM

A heavy internet player can easily make over 100K a year in rakeback alone. Half a BB/100 hands in rakeback. Play 2000 hands a day at 30/60. That is $600 per day * 5 days a week * 50 weeks a year = $150,000 a year in lost income.

Very few people make enough money to not be annoyed with that. I wager even Phil Ivey would be annoyed if you told him he is guaranteed to make 150K less this year year for doing the same thing he was doing last year.

But people are just venting...I don't understand why guys like you feel the need to rub it in their faces that they just took a sizable pay cut.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are missing the whole point...I'm not talking about the hours here, playing 25 or even 40 hours of normal poker is not some horrific life by any means.

Playing 16 tables of poker, sitting there like a robot folding at the speed of light for hours on end, playing every hand the same way over and over is hardly akin to any other normal job.

its simply dehumanizing IMO, and i am entitled to my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of jobs like that in the real world but most don't pay as well [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2005, 06:21 AM

I'm sure there are...and i wouldnt want them either.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:28 AM

Why are you guys even bothering to reply to this
worm!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:30 AM

Chiken COw.. Chekn Cow Chiken Cowwuw..

I love wesley willis. He stayed at my home one night because he is generaly homeless on tour. Truly insane.
He will come to your club and do a show for $50. Howard Stern sucks for making fun of a guy who actualy has some talent in a very very wierd way.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A heavy internet player can easily make over 100K a year in rakeback alone. Half a BB/100 hands in rakeback. Play 2000 hands a day at 30/60. That is $600 per day * 5 days a week * 50 weeks a year = $150,000 a year in lost income.

Very few people make enough money to not be annoyed with that. I wager even Phil Ivey would be annoyed if you told him he is guaranteed to make 150K less this year year for doing the same thing he was doing last year.

But people are just venting...I don't understand why guys like you feel the need to rub it in their faces that they just took a sizable pay cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct and the guy who made this thread is a douchebag but why are you ignoring that there apparently still will be party rakeback? i was getting 35% after my first 2000 of mgr and 25% before that, getting a straight up 25% doesn't sound too bad.