Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: To the ignorant masses, Cowboy Bebop must be watched (+ a request)

I'll watch the occasional anime video from time to time. And I also watched the occasional Cowboy Bebop from time to time, but never often enough for the plot line to make sense. I was also usually very drunk at the time as well. I never really got it, but it seemed kind of cool from a visual/audio aspect, and I liked that episode with the corgi, apart from that, it was very 'meh'.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cowboy Bebop is like #4 on my list of anime, behind Full Metal Alchemist first and foremost. What a great show FMA is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It's a shame it ended so early. I still felt like the series only made it like a quarter of the way through its story arc. There was so much more to tell, like almost everything. Then suddenly it was over. WTF? What a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMA isn't over, the new season started like 3 weeks ago. Or are you talking about Bebop? Bebop definitely could have done more quality shows without jumping the shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, shows how much I know. Netflix only had the first three discs for a while, so I thought the show ended there! Now I've just found there's at least three more for me to see, woohoo! Thanks for the clue! And I'm glad it's not over. One of the things I like the most about the series is that there seems to be so much mystery and things left unsaid in it, but not in a fakey way that feels manipulative. It just feels like there's really a rich world there with tons left to find out about. I was bummed when I thought there would be no more to discover because the series had been really really short. Now I really look forward to the new discs and an moving them to the top of my netflix queue. I only hope I get them -- Ninja Scroll has been up there for more than half a year.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not over yet, they're making a movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

A second movie? They already have one in addition to the series (which is definitely cool).

Really? Where can you get it and what's it called? It's not listed at either Amazon.com or Netflix.
I never really like anime much either (didn't despise it) but adult swim has had some pretty kick ass series on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 03:02 PM

Everything's pretty "meh" when you're wasted. Or pretty great, one or the other.

Cowboy Bebop is a little corny and not always perfect, but I'd rank it much higher than "meh."
Old 11-12-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not over yet, they're making a movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

A second movie? They already have one in addition to the series (which is definitely cool).

I never really like anime much either (didn't despise it) but adult swim has had some pretty kick ass series on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I just meant the first movie.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:35 PM

Yes, I suspect being drunk had a great deal to do with the "meh"ness of it. I need to switch back to smoking pot.