Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.

[ QUOTE ]
about a certain group of people... That really pissed me off, how could he say something like that on national TV. He was the rapper standing next to Mike Myers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Politics forum, yo. Complaining about statements you view as ignorant may be solidified by not being ignorant about the people who actually said them, btw.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.....

Pissed me off. Becuase he forgot to mention that Busch doesn't care about brown people or yellow people or white people for the most part.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: anyone else pissed off at that rapper for saying bush doesnt care.....

Nope, Im actually going to buy his new album as opposed to downloading it for free because of what he said!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:40 AM

I guess the government (Bush) handing out free $2,000 debit cards is nothing right?

I guess you already know that the day after the Hurricane Bush was in Louisiana with a plan for the federal government to step in and start cleaning up this mess but was told by the Louisiana governor that they would need 24 hours to "think about it."

No matter how you feel about it, the man picked a bad time and place to say what he did.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:55 AM

who gives a [censored] if FirstBase didn't know Kanye's name? i am sick of every [censored]' celebrity using their celebrity as a platform to speak their ill advised mind. it wasn't the time or the place.

when things go wrong you support your people, sure you can hate bush or whoever else you think is the problem [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] but that doesnt really matter when it's going down, what matter's is the problem at hand and helping the people. just like during war everyone is quick to judge a president rather than support our troops and pray for them to come home safely. after the war you can say whatever the [censored] you want, until then you are an american and you support them and shut the [censored] up.

kanye is a moron and doesn't know [censored]. flame me if you want but are we really going to listen to kanye's words? come on, he is a musical mastermind that comes up with sick beats and p diddy lyrics.

anyway, i wish people would just stop using their celebrity status to show how [censored] stupid they really are.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 AM

Keep marching lock-step buddy.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the government (Bush) handing out free $2,000 debit cards is nothing right?

I guess you already know that the day after the Hurricane Bush was in Louisiana with a plan for the federal government to step in and start cleaning up this mess but was told by the Louisiana governor that they would need 24 hours to "think about it."

No matter how you feel about it, the man picked a bad time and place to say what he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of propaganda is this? He's the President. I'll be damned if I'm the president and I tell somebody to do something and they tell me, "I'll think about it."
Old 09-08-2005, 11:50 AM

The best thing about this is that it's become a great metric that I can use to judge people.

If they actually got worked up by it, there's a high likelyhood that they're an idiot.

If they just laughed, agree or disagree, then they're probably ok even if their politics suck.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:28 PM

Bush doesn't care about poor people (that much).. and I would have listened to Kanye West but I happen to see all of his videos, and he makes it clear to make one type of person the villin in all but one or two of his racist videos. So I tune him out and try to remember that not all people are like him. I do the same with Bush. The local government lack of precautionary measures as well as Femas reaction time made it so much worse. generators on the first floors of hospitals??? No set high points or emergency water and food rations for the masses in case of the Enevitable flood that has been forcasted for years in a city well below sea level.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who gives a [censored] if FirstBase didn't know Kanye's name? i am sick of every [censored]' celebrity using their celebrity as a platform to speak their ill advised mind. it wasn't the time or the place.

when things go wrong you support your people, sure you can hate bush or whoever else you think is the problem [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] but that doesnt really matter when it's going down, what matter's is the problem at hand and helping the people. just like during war everyone is quick to judge a president rather than support our troops and pray for them to come home safely. after the war you can say whatever the [censored] you want, until then you are an american and you support them and shut the [censored] up.

kanye is a moron and doesn't know [censored]. flame me if you want but are we really going to listen to kanye's words? come on, he is a musical mastermind that comes up with sick beats and p diddy lyrics.

anyway, i wish people would just stop using their celebrity status to show how [censored] stupid they really are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of "my country, right or wrong" attitude disturbs me immensely.