Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Does everyone play bad once in a while?

I player absolutely terrible today after a good night sleep with nothing on my mind. I was up for my whole session (cut short at 2 hours) so it wasn't tilt. This is the first time since I've considered myself good at poker that I have felt like I played way bellow my ability. This post really doesn't have alot of value, but I'd just like to hear people's thoughts on this issue. Maybe it will make meel feel a bit better.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Does everyone play bad once in a while?

I do find that occasionally I feel like [censored] about the way I am play during a session, but then I started looking over my hand histories after these sessions and looked for every mistake that I made. Usually I find that I didn't make too many mistakes, but was faced with a lot of situations where I had a very close decision, where it didn't matter which way I went.

Sometimes also I will make one very stupid mistake and it will ruin my outlook of the entire session.

Any of these apply to your situation? FWIW, I suggest you look over your hand histories from this session, if you haven't already.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 AM

people in generaly overly confuse what the cards bring them as playing "bad" or "good", and I don't mean just winning or losing in a session, but how many tough decisions you are faced with.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:50 AM

Poker's tough.