Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 10:32 PM

Default i think i really suck on the button...help.

today, being a random saturday i chose to go over my stats, some hands and my play after wattching scooby doo 1 and 2 and talkin to sarah.

ive found that i offically blow all goats on the button.
looking at ev from position it goes up and up till the CO and then drops off about 20% back to pre CO levels on the button.

these stats are for 104k hands of only 30/60. i go to the showdown fewer times and win at showdown more on the button than in the CO, so i think that may be it, but there may be more.

id like to get some ideas from you all to see what may or may not be going on. my hope is that the discussion will let me see things i wouldn't have otherwise.

thanks guys.

-Barron
Old 08-20-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: i think i really suck on the button...help.

id hate to be the first one to open the discussion with this since it seems so trivial, but i dont think you have enough hands.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:41 PM

What are you attempted steals from the button? The button is by far my most profitable position both in dollars and on a per hand basis.

My cutoff stats drop a little --but not a lot--, but I attribute this to the fact that I post from this position.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My cutoff stats drop a little --but not a lot--, but I attribute this to the fact that I post from this position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain, but I think that PT counts posted blinds towards your BB stats.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:02 AM

Thanks. I wondered about this.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:22 AM

What's your VIP for the button and CO.
Post the sats will ya? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Don't keep us hanging.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:07 AM

i am trying to prnt screen on my laptop and its not working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

its a blue print thing that says "prnt screen" on my "insert" button next tothe "delete key"
. the Fn button makes the blue things work so i hit FN+prnt screen and absolutely nothing happens.

i want to paste a copy of this screen here.

-Barron
Old 08-21-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am trying to prnt screen on my laptop and its not working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

its a blue print thing that says "prnt screen" on my "insert" button next tothe "delete key"
. the Fn button makes the blue things work so i hit FN+prnt screen and absolutely nothing happens.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

click on your PT window so it has focus,

then hold FN and alt, and hit the prtscn button, then paste to any image tool like paint.

-Scott
Old 08-21-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

i told u how...now get it on here so i can feel smart [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Position stat page...

a few things...

1) ive noticed ive started to lose much more in the blinds. i used to be .24 in bb and .11 in sb

2) when i started this post i forgot to filter the 104k hands down to 7-10 hands. but still, my button stats are the same in bb/100 and worse in $$.

3) my vpip and wsd and w$sd are all there so let me hear it. from the looks of it ont he button i win less when i see a flop and dont go to showdown enough but win less when i do..

-Barron