Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Fired two barrels and the flush comes.. now what?

uhhhh, resluts suck. donk alert. gut shot and ten high flush draw, winning play buddy. so if you bet 800 and he pushes you are getting three to one....i would liket to say i lay down there, but i pay off donkeys, probably out of frustration, when i have a good hand....leak. anywho, i cant bet less than half pot on the river b/c i feel like betting less invites a raise; however, if this guy i loose passive, maybe we can bet 600ish and safely fold to a push 1.) b/c we are getting worse odds on out money 2.) and we have a little less invested in the pot. tuff spot man, i probably pay off here as well against this guy....need to work on that.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:05 PM

I think this as a clear check-call, the loss of getting raised big is way bigger than a occasional pay off you get from a worse hand, because you have to bet small on this river(otherwise worse hands wont call often)So you stand to lose a lot when behind and win little when ahead, plus you might induce a bluff
Old 07-08-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhhhh, resluts suck. donk alert. gut shot and ten high flush draw, winning play buddy. so if you bet 800 and he pushes you are getting three to one....i would liket to say i lay down there, but i pay off donkeys, probably out of frustration, when i have a good hand....leak. anywho, i cant bet less than half pot on the river b/c i feel like betting less invites a raise; however, if this guy i loose passive, maybe we can bet 600ish and safely fold to a push 1.) b/c we are getting worse odds on out money 2.) and we have a little less invested in the pot. tuff spot man, i probably pay off here as well against this guy....need to work on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bet 800 and he raises all in, you are getting 5-1 on your call.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bet 800 and he raises all in, you are getting 5-1 on
your call.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i noticed that reading another post, but thanks. IMO you miss value when 55vpip is holding weaker hands, therefore I bet river and just pay off when he pushes. Right or wrong I cant check fold to this guy.