Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Bachelor party - Mexico

Trying to get some ideas for planning a bachelor party for a buddy. I'm in the wedding party, and the best man and I are trying to figure out exactly what to do. To be able to include everyone, we are trying to keep it affordable. Vegas is out of the question, as most of the participants have been there, done that too many times, although it would be easiest(the groom-to-be said no Vegas). There will be a lot of drinking/substance abuse on the trip, but strippers/etc will not come into play.

The trip will be in the beginning of December for a weekend(Fri AM-Sun PM) and will have around 10-15 people.

The groom-to-be has suggested a skiing trip or a golf expedition. I personally think a skiing trip is tough due to it not being cold enough in early Dec. and golfing is bad due to everyone being split up into groups, some people don't play golf, golf hardly takes up a weekend, etc.

So that leaves Mexico, where we can go out get drunk, have plenty of other options as well. Is there a certain city that anyone could recommend for value/fun/etc. Right now we are keying in on Mazatlan, as we can get non-stop flights there and cheap hotels. Has anyone been there and can recommend a good hotel or a good site to find cheap flights+hotel? We are also looking at Puerto Vallarta. Basically, any place on the Pacific side(short-direct-cheap flights from LAX) that anyone can recommend.

Basically I'm looking for tips, as this is the first wedding party I am a part of(one of my closest friends) and the first bachelor party that I've gone to where Vegas is not the default(sucks since Vegas is so easy to plan, but will be nice to do something different). Any insight into a bachelor party in Mexico would be very helpful. Thanks.

DN
Old 09-14-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Bachelor party - Mexico

I lived for a year in Acapulco, and I would highly recommend it. It is extremely cheap, and not as touristy as the places you named. Well, there are a lot of tourists, but they come from Mexico City. The food is great, and there is a shitload of bachelor-party stuff to do.