Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Seeking Online Coach in exchange for percentage of my profits

Hi All,

As the subject indicates I am seeking an online coach to help me not just beat, but crush either the $100 NL/$200 NL or the $5/$10 SH/$10/$20 SH or the $15/$30 full ring games at party/empire.

I would prefer an arrangement where my coach would work on "commission" for a percentage of my profits.

A little background on myself. I have been successful multitabling $3/$6 online for well over 300,000 hands. My win rate is in the neighborhood of 1.6 BB/100 hands. I usually average playing six tables at once.

However, this is where my success ends. Twice I have attempted playing at the $15/$30 full ring games or the $10/$20 SH games with terrible results. (150-200BB losses)

With the recent thread about the individual making $100/hour playing the NL game, this had peaked my interest in this game as well. I used to play alot of the $25PL game at party with great results.

One more thing, I have coached two of my friends where they now successfully beat the $3/$6 game.

Anyone that is serious and is possibly interested in such an arrangement, please pm me so we can discuss this further.

Thanks to all who respond.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Seeking Online Coach in exchange for percentage of my profits

I would also be interested in a commission coach for my quest from 3-6 to 15-30. Let me know.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:01 PM

I think your idea is very good. I'll be interested to hear what happens.

Playing 6 tables is much more than I can handle, although I know a lot of you young-guys can do this. However, your win rate is fairly small (yes, I realize this is made-up for by the multi-tables, and that with that many hands played you should have won over $30,000). How is your hourly (or 100) bb rate affected by the multi tables? Were you much higher when playing just one or two tables?

My point here is that if your rate has never been above 3BB/100, you may have more work to do on your game than you think, and certainly going to the $15/$30 game is a mistake at this point. If your win rate was at 3bb/100 or above, but has been reduced considerably as you added tables, perhaps you will do fine jumping to $5/$10 if you just start out with a single table or two. Just a thought.

Also, a jump from $3/$6 to $15/$30 is pretty substantial, and if you don't already play the 6-max tables, going to the $10/$20 SH is also a huge jump.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2004, 01:16 PM

Hey dogmeat,

You are definitely right. My winrate plummeted when I went from two tables up to as many eight. I felt I had more than made this drop in winrate with the tremendous increase in hands. (not to mention rakeback)

I have played quite of bit of $5/$10 SH with mixed results.

I do feel the coaching arrangement I am suggesting is a good format for both the coach and student. (Given the right combination)
Old 10-21-2004, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing 6 tables is much more than I can handle, although I know a lot of you young-guys can do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you are badly mistaken. (I am far from young.)
Old 10-21-2004, 03:32 PM

Never heard of anything like this. Pretty cool idea, though. Good luck with it.

I think most people who could coach you are making too much money to do it already, so your best bet is probably an established friendship. But it can't hurt to try, and maybe you'll get lucky.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:14 PM

Anyone else interested?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:14 AM

i beleive that your approach to this is all wrong. If you are going to play 6 tables at once, they better be full ring games,if you are going to play short handed,play i untill you are a succesfull shorthanded player. If you play more than one table. you will never understand what your opponents are doing,due to your lack of attention to the game. I am a succesfull winning online and B&M cardplayer. I would be interested in helping you make the change.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:37 PM

I would be interested in coaching you and helping you improve your game one on one.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play more than one table [short handed]. you will never understand what your opponents are doing,due to your lack of attention to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pop over to the HUSH forum and you will see many counterexamples to this theory.