Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: How do you acclimate to moving up? (lc)

I just started the move up to the 200's, but I have not had to time play in the last few night. While I have been home I just jumped on and started data mining 10 tables. Just trying to get a sense of who the regulars are etc. Last night, I got some free time so instead of my normal 5 tables I just found a terrible player at each of 2 tables and sat in my normal tight mode. After throwing out a few $25+ continuation bets, etc I got used to it, and it seemed fine, so tomorrow night I'll be back playing 5.
My best advice would be just play your game, but make sure you are banked for it.
While we are having this discussion, I was a little worried about only seeing 16 tables to choose from at NL200 full ring (Wed night abuot 11pm), compared to 30+ at NL100. It looks like some of the regulars are playing 8-10 tables at a time, so I am hoping it is not always a rock garden full of 2+2ers. I plan on playing mostly at 200, but when some of my "best friends" show up I will sit with them if they are at 100.