Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on - Part 2

It does not look like you are taking notes on anyone? In an early hand you got donkbet twice by 56 on a 78Q board, you folded, and he showed. That tells you a lot about the motivations of that player.

Also, the time you take to act gives away a lot of info. Try to mix up how long you pause a little more.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on - Part 2

[ QUOTE ]
It does not look like you are taking notes on anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right, I don't. I also don't pay attention enough when I multitable, but when I am single-tabling, I really have no excuse. I need to develop some sort of good note taking system, and put it into action.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the time you take to act gives away a lot of info. Try to mix up how long you pause a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can see some slight advantages to doing this, but I don't know how big this actually is. I guess pausing a bit when I know I am going to call my flush draw might make a villain more likely to bet a flush river. I don't know exactly how much our time in taking decisions influences our opposition.

Thanks for these non-hand. Stuff like this I really need to be thinking more about, and can be just as important as how I actually play different hands.