Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:24 AM

Default A 10 off against superLAG

PRIMA 5/10 6max

This is probably they laggyist game I have ever played in. There are 3 players with VP$IP of over 65 and they like to raise. The avg. pot is at $112 at this time. Villian is as laggy as they come. After about 100 hands he is 93/50/1.3.
A hand he had played earlier went cap preflop 4 ways, capped on the flop 4 ways, 3 bet on the turn 3 ways, he bets the river and gets called and shows Q4 off suit no pair.

The hand, UTG limps, fold, Hero raises A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],fold, SB folds, BB Villian 3 bets, limper folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian bets, Hero calls

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian bets, Hero calls

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets, Hero calls

My question is on every street. Do you cap preflop? I think yes. Since no matter what comes on the board I am going to showdown with this hand. Is there any reason I want more money in this pot with no pair? A raise on the flop will not get any that beats mine to fold or slowdown(If he has pocket 2's he will 3 bet it).
Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: A 10 off against superLAG

Against this player I might cap it preflop. I think you played the hand just fine.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:24 AM

I play it exactly the same. any potential equity you lose by not capping flop will be made up if you make a big hand (big being tens = top pair in this case).
Old 11-11-2005, 10:25 AM

nh and well played.
SH Prima can be extremely laggy, let these idiots hang themselves.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:37 AM

Not capping preflop against this guy is a crime, IMO. If the hand you described is his standard way to play postflop, then I would consider raising the flop, and call down after he 3bets.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:52 AM

I think you have to play in your comfort zone. Capping preflop or raising on other streets may be better, but do this routinely and the swings will be huge and sometimes thats how good LAGS benefit, by you lowering your playing standards, as they'll know youve seen the Q4o. You've achieved the objective of getting it heads up.

Obviously this is not a good LAG, but I prefer your passive line, with this kind of player he will pay you off plenty whenever you do have something half decent,

but maybe Im a wimp.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to play in your comfort zone. Capping preflop or raising on other streets may be better, but do this routinely and the swings will be huge and sometimes thats how good LAGS benefit, by you lowering your playing standards, as they'll know youve seen the Q4o. You've achieved the objective of getting it heads up.

Obviously this is not a good LAG, but I prefer your passive line, with this kind of player he will pay you off plenty whenever you do have something half decent,

but maybe Im a wimp.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I run in to problems postflop. I am wondering if this should be closer to my standard play. I have misplaced aggregsion. I am a marginal winner in the these games and my biggest problem is that when I loose a hand I loose to much. In this hand I have 4 BB's in the pot with Ace high no pair and hand is good. To much of the time I am getting 5 or 6 in when it is no good. Oh well I just keep trying.