Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Most sngs played in a month???

I'm still doing my challenge, just wondering what the most sngs played in a month is? And how many tables were you playing? I'm not trying to break any records (I knocked it from 100 a day to 80 so I could have breaks, won't break any records with that), just curious.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Most sngs played in a month???

i duno i was 8-10 tabling at the time.. i knocked out like 2300 something in the month. i hated life when i was done though, and took a month off to play mtts. holla
Old 08-11-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i duno i was 8-10 tabling at the time.. i knocked out like 2300 something in the month. i hated life when i was done though, and took a month off to play mtts. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus......
Old 08-11-2005, 02:23 PM

If the $22s keep going poorly for a few more days I'll probally cut down my hours. The idea was to play 2k+ sngs at the $55s and maybe $109s, so I don't wanna burn myself out at the $22s.

The other problem is when I do move up, I won't be playing outside peak hours, which is around 5pm-1am. With an hr break that's a max of 7hrs work, or around 60 sngs 6tabling.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i knocked out like 2300 something in the month. i hated life when i was done though, and took a month off to play mtts. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been a lot of posts like this lately, so I'll give another side. I work 40+ hrs/week in a corporate career type job. The most SnGs I've played in a month was just over 1200 a couple of months ago while maintaining my normal office hrs. I couldn't wait to play more the next month. Maybe I'm not recalling accurately, but I really don't feel like I was burned out at any point, and I had several 100+ SnG days during my weekends in that month. I've had some time off from the games with my first born son arriving, so I may just be very happy to be getting back to the games, but I really don't think that's clouding my thoughts here. I've played thousands of sng's and really think I would have fun playing 1500-2000/month continously if that was my only work(I've played 700+/month for the past few months with my job and still want more).

No, I don't play during work.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i knocked out like 2300 something in the month. i hated life when i was done though, and took a month off to play mtts. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been a lot of posts like this lately, so I'll give another side. I work 40+ hrs/week in a corporate career type job. The most SnGs I've played in a month was just over 1200 a couple of months ago while maintaining my normal office hrs. I couldn't wait to play more the next month. Maybe I'm not recalling accurately, but I really don't feel like I was burned out at any point, and I had several 100+ SnG days during my weekends in that month. I've had some time off from the games with my first born son arriving, so I may just be very happy to be getting back to the games, but I really don't think that's clouding my thoughts here. I've played thousands of sng's and really think I would have fun playing 1500-2000/month continously if that was my only work(I've played 700+/month for the past few months with my job and still want more).

No, I don't play during work.

[/ QUOTE ]

try doing it for 6 months full time. then see how much u like it. i fell in love the first couple months. then i slowly turned into a vampire without needing to be bitten.. holla
Old 08-11-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try doing it for 6 months full time. then see how much u like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, I haven't experienced it yet. You should try working as a CPA for 6 months though and see how much you prefer those 2K sng months [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].
Old 08-11-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, I haven't experienced it yet. You should try working as a CPA for 6 months though and see how much you prefer those 2K sng months [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i play poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] doing something like that to make a set wage of under 100k a year would make me /endlife. holla
Old 08-11-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i play poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] doing something like that to make a set wage of under 100k a year would make me /endlife. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

comments in C compliers look like this

// comment

Keep that in mind for when you make comments n0()b
alternatively

/* comment
*/
Old 08-11-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doing something like that to make a set wage of under 100k a year would make me /endlife. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

me too [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]