Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Tough AK hand

2/5 at the new MGM poker room, Hero is in MP with $500 and raises to $25 with AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] after two early limpers, Cutoff ($225) and Button ($325), both blinds and the two limpers fold ($92 pot), cutoff is a pretty straightforward player, checks without a hand, bets when he makes top pair or better. Button is pretty much a calling station, will stay in the hand with any pair/draw. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero bets $100, Cutoff moves all in for $200, button calls. Do you fold, call, or put the button all in?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Tough AK hand

is this a serious question?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:30 AM

Of course.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:18 PM

lol the only hand that beats you is 8s in this game aces and kings reraise pretty much everytime here, if you are gonna fold this i would recommend quitting.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:18 PM

Okay, Obviously you're not folding (though I half expected somebody to say, you're behind a set of 8's easy fold), in the hand I ended up calling on the flop, the turn was a Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and I pushed in. Button called with QT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Cutoff showed A8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], River was a blank and I got the pot. Does anybody like calling the flop and folding to a club on the turn, because that was my plan. Is it better to move in on the flop? Of course you love being all in with the best hand, but if you're 100% that you're up against a flush draw and know that the other guy will put his last $100 even on a blank turn, doesn't it make more sense to go ahead and see the 4th card first?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:24 PM

When the action got back to you the pot was $600. The bet was $100 to you..The button only had another $100 and you just called? Just put him in.

You cant fold the turn no matter what it is. Push it in now and let the chips fall where they may.

And no offense but thats not a "tough AK hand"
Old 04-04-2005, 12:04 AM

You would actually fold to a tiny all-in bet in a huge pot because someone *might* have made a flush, which you still have outs against?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:09 AM

too much thinking. pot's way too big on the flop. push there.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:28 AM

Might have made a flush? What else could there possibly be out there? A flush or a set is pretty much garunteed from one or the other, and with only 4 outs against either your not getting proper odds to call another $100, this is an opportunity to save money when you're beat.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Might have made a flush? What else could there possibly be out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Button is pretty much a calling station, will stay in the hand with any pair/draw

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you can beat the "any pair" part at the very least, as well as missed gutshots.