Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 03:05 PM

Default AK limp reraise

Reasonable game. Villain is very Lag but good and thinking. Will reraise to isolate a lot, plays a lot of hands.

I have $900, Villain has $550

5-5 NL hold em. I limp UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. another limper, and a good player makes it $15 to go. Villain on button makes it $30. SB calls 30 cold, and I decide to make a play for the pot right there and make it $130 to go. Villain thinks for a while and calls. He starts whining about how I must have Aces when he has Kings, etc. etc.

Villain calls.

2 to the flop ($315): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

What's my plan?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: AK limp reraise

Ignore any comments during the hand, unless you are for sure otherwise.

Way #1.

Villian has $420 left. Make a bet that would committ all his chips should he call. Like $250+. If he called he's committed. Yet if he thinks he's beat, he can easily fold and be satisfied with $420 left to play with.

Way #2.

You only have $120 invested in this pot. You flopped nothing. Check with intent to fold to a bet. Should you get checked back and pick up the flush draw ... play for value.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 PM

yes ignore the comments, but what hands can you see him calling 130 pf with? jacks or better? would he have reraised with AA/KK/QQ? A 250-300 bet looks good about half the time.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:21 PM

move in here. i would hate to bet 250 and have to fold for the rest with those BD draws.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM

I think the equity fold percentage is probably near linear from about 250 to all-in, and that there is a steep drop-off below 200-240. This based on opponants stack size and size of pot. So I think pushing doesn't give you much more fold equity then a $250 bet. You don't have to fold if pushed all in after this, because I think you've just manufactured some odds. But if you are just called and turn a blank then you do have to give up and mark it down as fold equity not experienced.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
move in here. i would hate to bet 250 and have to fold for the rest with those BD draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone moves in here to a non-drawing board like this, then a good *thinking* opponent as stated will surely put the hero correctly on AK or even JJ and call with anything that can beat those. A bet of 2/3 the pot will not cause nearly so much suspicion of the hero holding a hand that missed the flop.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[If someone moves in here to a non-drawing board like this, then a good *thinking* opponent as stated will surely put the hero correctly on AK or even JJ and call with anything that can beat those.

[/ QUOTE ]i completely disagree with this. and i would GO ALLIN. hope he doesnt have JJ.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a pretty shitty line.

there are no indications that villian is that loose. if you are going to move all-in here, what is best case scenerio: you are against a draw?

move all-in is probally one of the worst ways to play this hand.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fsuplayer is being facetious here is he not? i took this line as a joke...
Old 03-22-2005, 06:25 PM

He has 330 left so I think I'm pushing here majority of time, unless he'll call with 88 type hand.

Was this at Niagara? I didn't know GBH had NL rings if it was there.

Hope it worked out.