Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 09:54 AM

Default speaking of free showdowns...

...how was my play here? Sorry if this is another boring one, but I tend to post the more routine hands because they're the sort of hand where I really want to know if my thought process is crappy.

Live 8-16

MP1 is mostly unknown, but is definately too loose PF and has shown down some real stinkers that got there. The table is general is playing reasonably well for this game. Too loose of course, but not total idiots. Check-raises are pretty common in general. Turn raises tend to get respect, especially for me since my image is pretty tight. We're 9 handed at the time.

I know this isn't really an instance of the classic free showdown play, but I did raise the turn intending to check through the river. My thinking was that either the turn bettor or caller could easily have a better 9 or a 4, but that I could easily muck to the 3-bet; the raise would help protect my hand; and the paired board would slow down a lot of better hands than mine (I would never check through the flop here with a 4, but a lot of players in this game would).

Thoughts on all streets welcomed.

PF Hero is button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop (5 players, 5.5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around

Turn (5 players, 2.5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River (3 players, 8.5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks
Old 12-18-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: speaking of free showdowns...

I bet the river.

Will