Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 02:23 PM

Default I just went on tilt and it felt good

I was on a massive heater until about a week ago. For a solid month (about 12,000 hands for me) I could do no wrong. I was winning over 10 bb/100 during that time. I knew reality would catch up with me sooner or later so I just played as well as I could and enjoyed the ride.

The tide turned 1 week ago. All of a sudden my opponents could do no wrong. I played a little less. Reviewed hands and studied more, but I haven't mustered a winning day for a week. I know that's not such a big deal, but it was especially frustrating because I was running so hot prior to this week.

Today, I sat down at 3 tables dropped 40 big bets in about 50 hands. My frustration finally boiled over and I played like a maniac until I was broke on 2 tables and the third table broke up. In 30 minutes, I lost 80 big bets and broke a speaker stand when I stormed away from the computer. And right now, I feel really good about it.

I feel like all the winning made me focus on my results too much. It felt good to see my bankroll growing so fast, especially since I had just moved up a limit. This made it feel a lot worse when the winning stopped even though I felt I was still playing solid poker.

Emotionally, I think my tilt session (and this post about it) has exorcised some of my results-oriented demons. Now I'm going to take the rest of the day off from poker.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: I just went on tilt and it felt good

[ QUOTE ]
I was on a massive heater until about a week ago. For a solid month (about 12,000 hands for me) I could do no wrong. I was winning over 10 bb/100 during that time. I knew reality would catch up with me sooner or later so I just played as well as I could and enjoyed the ride.

The tide turned 1 week ago. All of a sudden my opponents could do no wrong. I played a little less. Reviewed hands and studied more, but I haven't mustered a winning day for a week. I know that's not such a big deal, but it was especially frustrating because I was running so hot prior to this week.

Today, I sat down at 3 tables dropped 40 big bets in about 50 hands. My frustration finally boiled over and I played like a maniac until I was broke on 2 tables and the third table broke up. In 30 minutes, I lost 80 big bets and broke a speaker stand when I stormed away from the computer. And right now, I feel really good about it.

I feel like all the winning made me focus on my results too much. It felt good to see my bankroll growing so fast, especially since I had just moved up a limit. This made it feel a lot worse when the winning stopped even though I felt I was still playing solid poker.

Emotionally, I think my tilt session (and this post about it) has exorcised some of my results-oriented demons. Now I'm going to take the rest of the day off from poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does your table break up when you are spewing chips? You are lucky.